So I was listening to Dream Theater's newest album (Black Clouds & Silver Linings). The long song on this album is entitled A Nightmare to Remember. It's a bad-a song, but anyways ... after listening to it a few times, I noticed something: the line "The air was thick and still" is in another song I've heard .... hmmmm ....

And now I remembered which song: Witch Hunt by Rush.

The night is black, without a moon;
The air is thick and still;
The vigilanetes gather on
The lonely torchlight hill.
"Make his fight / On the hill in the early day / Constant chill deep inside" ~ Metallica
SOUTHREN UPRISING ON DREAM THEATER'S ASSES!!!!

WESA GOIN' LYNCH THEM THEIVIN BAASTARDS!!!!
cool story bra

EDIT: damnit i was beaten
in an unrelated note i am listening to xanadu by rush right now
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Also, I had no idea that the average Southern individual could even comprehend, let alone accept, Prog Rock. This is quite an astounding day for redneck studies, gentlemen.
I'm sure if you looked, you could find shit-ton's of songs that have that line in them. It's not very original.

But Rush and DT are coo', so Ima let dis one sliiide.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 11, 2010,
>Dream Theater
>"The long song"

Could you be more specific?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
thats interesting, but its not like its the first time its happened. "smashing through the boundaries" has been used by metallica, and more recently used by dragonforce 700000 times
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You know that there is an entire section of UG dedicated to prog rock? And that Dream Theater has its own thread?
Quote by Jamin2112
So I was listening to Dream Theater's newest album (Black Clouds & Silver Linings). The long song on this album is entitled A Nightmare to Remember. It's a bad-a song, but anyways ... after listening to it a few times, I noticed something: the line "The air was thick and still" is in another song I've heard .... hmmmm ....

And now I remembered which song: Witch Hunt by Rush.

The night is black, without a moon;
The air is thick and still;
The vigilanetes gather on
The lonely torchlight hill.

The Count of Tuscany is longer. Also, its one line.... Perhaps they were paying homage. Did you think about that?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Who's in favor segragating this dude to the FOTB?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Who's in favor segragating this dude to the FOTB?

I think our biggest supporter is George Wallace.
Quote by goest
Also, I had no idea that the average Southern individual could even comprehend, let alone accept, Prog Rock. This is quite an astounding day for redneck studies, gentlemen.

I live in arkansas, and i love everything about prog.
THALL