Looking for a guitar that i can play stuff like metalcore on, but that can still produce a nice clean sound to it.

budget $300 or less (if you have a suggestion that cost less feel free to mention it)

I'm really stuck here. I've taken numerous trips to my Local Sam Ash and Guitar Center and can't make my mind up. i'll find a guitar in my price range that has a nice metal or rock sound to it, but then it sounds dull when played clean.
are you dead set on new? or can you go used?

if new, Schecter Omen 6. it was my first electric, and 3 years (i think?) later with guitars 3 times the price moving through my hands, i still love that little Schecter. It's probably the only "budget" guitar i've ever played with decent pick ups.

if used, i'd say some sort of jackson. i found my DX10D for $300 used and absolutely love it. Jackson's licensed floyd roses are pretty good for the money. only thing id change is toss a set of good pickups in it, as the ones that come with it (especially the bridge) are a little too bright.

both guitars are VERY flexible, and absolute bargains for what i got them for IMHO.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
used will get you more for your money. at that price range you'll have to make some comprimises. perhaps a strat style axe with an HSS set up would be your best bet.
OR you could save up a few more hundred and get a nice guitar.

if you dont have a job, ask/beg your parents
if you do have a job, work a bit longer.

my personal recommendation.
i have been looking at both new and used guitars, but i can never seem to find anything used that catches my eye.

i have tested the Schecter Omen 6. it has a good sound, but when i went to play any power chords for example, the sound i got was a bit muddy

the Ibanez RG3EXFM1 at guitar center caught my eye...but finding one used is another story

i've been trying to avoid Ibanez, but at this point i'm willing to sacrifice. money is tight these days
Quote by +Jackal+
i have been looking at both new and used guitars, but i can never seem to find anything used that catches my eye.

i have tested the Schecter Omen 6. it has a good sound, but when i went to play any power chords for example, the sound i got was a bit muddy

the Ibanez RG3EXFM1 at guitar center caught my eye...but finding one used is another story

i've been trying to avoid Ibanez, but at this point i'm willing to sacrifice. money is tight these days

look with your ears and not so much your eyes. i bought a Squier Esprit last year, never heard of it or even seen one. not really my type of guitar by looks either but after playing it just for the hell of it i bought it. at the price range you're talking about your not gong to find a perfet tone machine so i'd go for feel first. pickups can be changed down the road when you have more cash.
yes you could go with schecter and they are awesome guitars for cheap, but personally in the price range i love the ltd f-50, or the same guitar called the ltd f-100fm just with a floyd rose and flamed maple top.
I own the ltd f-50 and i absolutely love this guitar plus it looks freakin deadly in person. All the 40+ plus year guitarist i know love my guitar and its sickkk for metal.
The price new for both guitars is well over $300 dollars at guitar center. I found mine there used for $150

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-F-100FM-Electric-Guitar-516678-i1149041.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-F-50-Electric-Guitar-105316582-i1149040.gc

I really hoped i helped you out because these guitars are amazing.
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at Aug 11, 2010,
ya dude, id go with a schecter or an esp. you right handed people have alot of nice options to pick from. so take advantage of it. and in all reality. if you know what you want, and know whats worth the money. you can find a good guitar, brand new, really cheap. they make esp's with emgs for like 400-500 bucks. and seriously, think about it. emgs will cost you around 90-110 dollars depending on model. okay so you buy two emgs thats 200 bucks. and if you dont know how to install them yourself? your paying another 100 bucks for the labor. so your talking a 500 dollar guitar with awesome pickups. you cant beat that dude.
Quote by +Jackal+

sounds more like the amp to me... i can make some quick clips with mine if you'd like?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by +Jackal+

I just bought that ibanez used for $140.