Poll: Do you use other UG forums?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you use other UG forums?
Yes
122 77%
No
37 23%
Voters: 159.
Page 1 of 2
Hey how many of you use the forums other than the pit?
I thought this would make an interesting poll because I haven't gone to any of the other forums.
I post in Metal quite a bit and also Hardcore.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I used to poke around the vocals and bandleading forums.

Now its just exclusively pit.
Once every couple of weeks I might venture into musician talk, but I come on forums to kill time and find stuff to amuse me so The Pit is the best place for that.
I just hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and click on an interesting topic or one I could help with.

That said, I'm usually in The Pit.
I'm usually in the Bass Forum but I do post here from time to time
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
B&j
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I follow and often post in my favourite bands' threads in their respective forums (Hardcore, Alt+Indie, and a bit of Metal), and I sometimes check out the Guitar forums as well as the GB&C forum, but rarely post in those.
MATTERHORN
I occaisionally go to Musician's Talk, and very rarely go the gear sections. Mainly I am in the Pit.
I used to be in EG mostly, but then it got boring when I realized 95% of it is "what guitar should I buy/NGD/is this guitar good?" so now I'm only in the pit.
I occasionally go in the Musician Talk and the Artists & Bands forums.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Yeah. My forum usage (in order of posts/views) are:

- The Pit
- Electric Guitar
- Bands and Artists
- Guitar Gear and Accessories
- Guitar Building and Customizing
- Recording and Riffs
- Promote Your Band
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 11, 2010,
I mostly just use The Pit and Bands and Artists. I used to make occasional posts in the Acoustic Guitar forum, but it's been a while.
Musicians Talk, Electric guitar, and i think like one or more others.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who only uses The Pit. It's a music forum. Go back to 4chan if you wanna talk about the latest fake celebrity death or internet meme that you can run into the ground.
Quote by Magero
I have nothing but contempt for anyone who only uses The Pit. It's a music forum. Go back to 4chan if you wanna talk about the latest fake celebrity death or internet meme that you can run into the ground.

Quote by UG
The Pit (359 Viewing)
The forum for general discussion of topics that don't fit into the other forums. Please read the rules first.

Quote by UG
Bands & Artists (59 Viewing)
Discuss everything about the bands and songs you love and hate. Main Genres: Rock | Metal | Punk

Lrn2UG
Quote by Magero

Well said. +1
Quote by darkcheef
Lrn2UG

I would call you an idiot, but that would be a compliment in The Pit.

As I said, I despise people who ONLY use the Pit. There's nothing wrong with having a forum for unrelated conversation, but I've seen far too many of these fucking UG Celebrities who never post anything of any use to anyone, ever.
I use the Jazz and Blues forum. Though it is dead most of the time now
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Magero

As I said, I despise people who ONLY use the Pit. There's nothing wrong with having a forum for unrelated conversation, but I've seen far too many of these fucking UG Celebrities who never post anything of any use to anyone, ever.

I don't think anyone here came to UG just for The Pit. They came for the music related stuff, but talk on The Pit. Did it occur to you that maybe I find more pleasure in discussing gaming and films than guitars and CDs? My point is, you sound like an ass, so please stop typing. Thank you And as for UG celebrities not posting useful stuff, I'm going to take the lovely Blackwaterson89 above me as an example. He says that he only uses The Pit and the Blues and Jazz forums on occasion. Now in your mind, that would make him bad. He only talks in the off-topic section most of the time. Now, go look at some of the stuff he's posted in the hugging thread. If you seriously want me to think he doesn't post useful, helpful things after skimming that, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside.
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 12, 2010,
I use Electric guitar, GB&C, GB&A (very rarely), Alternative and indie, Modern rock, sometimes I poke around in the newbie forum, and FoTB whenever a mod bans me trying to be funny and shit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Barely. Just barely. Mostly pit.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by Magero

It's an off topic forum, do you expect anything to be useful?
Quote by Magero

People on 4chan are annoying jackass's usually, this place has far less of them.
Quote by cornmancer
I don't think anyone here came to UG just for The Pit. They came for the music related stuff, but talk on The Pit. Did it occur to you that maybe I find more pleasure in discussing gaming and films than guitars and CDs? My point is, you sound like an ass, so please stop typing. Thank you

So... me pointing out that there's enough idiots here talking about nothing, is being an arse? Like I said. Nothing wrong with irrelevant conversation, but coming here for the pit is like going to a brothel just to hang around with the bartender.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't cram enough memes into that paragraph, you probs have no idea what I'm talking about.

im in ur threadz, pointin owt ur flawz olololol
Occasionally. I used to frequent the Acoustic Guitar forum quite often
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Magero

You're using the pit now fool.

I kid... I don't really think you're a fool
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i lurk on the bass forums.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Electric Guitar and Musicians Talk.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG355OXM
Fender Mexican Deluxe Series Stratocaster
Fender Squire Bullet
Schecter Damien Elite 8
Yamaha F325 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey 5150 II Full stack
Peavey 2001 Studio Pro 112
Roland Micro Cube
I spend nearly all my time in GG&A, occasionally EG or GT.
Also head to the Bands and Artists forum every now and again.
Quote by Magero
So... me pointing out that there's enough idiots here talking about nothing, is being an arse? Like I said. Nothing wrong with irrelevant conversation, but coming here for the pit is like going to a brothel just to hang around with the bartender.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't cram enough memes into that paragraph, you probs have no idea what I'm talking about.

im in ur threadz, pointin owt ur flawz olololol

You keep talking and I keep wanting to be angry, but I'm not going to let myself. I shan't stoop to your level. What I'm saying is, that just because we're on a guitar forum doesn't mean we want to talk about guitars. I originally came here for tabs and would wander into the forums from time to time, but I've been finding myself playing guitar less. But there are people here in The Pit that I enjoy talking to, so I come back here.

Regarding your meme comment, I'm going to allow myself one moment of anger here. Shut the **** up and stop making ****ing assumptions about people you don't ****ing know, you ****ing asshole. Right, back to composure and not feeding the troll.
Page 1 of 2