Well, my band has been looking for a singer for about 4 months now. So, I wanted to give singing a try. I can get a decent tone out of my voice but the problem is
1. I suck at writing lyrics
2. I have a partial deviated Septem
3. I have horrible allergies ( to a whole assortment of things)
4. I have asthma
5. I have very bad lung compacity
6. I write very complicated guitar parts and I don't know how to sing while playing at the same time.
7. I don't have that lead singer look from what I've been told.
Should I even try?
Quote by Kyleisthename
Well, my band has been looking for a singer for about 4 months now. So, I wanted to give singing a try. I can get a decent tone out of my voice but the problem is
4. I have asthma
6. I write very complicated guitar parts and I don't know how to sing while playing at the same time.
Should I even try?

Why would that matter?
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
1. The singer doesn't have to write the lyrics.
2. Cocaine is a helluva drug.
3. Avoid the allergens?
4. Keep your inhaler with you. If doesn't look cool hide it.
5. A lot of people do. Just because you can't hold a note like Myles Kennedy doesn't make you a bad singer. Practice actually helps.
6. Sing between complicated licks.
7. **** them.
Quote by Kyleisthename
4. I have asthma
Should I even try?

The last part shouldn't even matter.

Secondly, if you doubt that you will be any good, then don't do it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Kyleisthename
4. I have asthma
Should I even try?

1. you'll get better.
2. So do a lot of people. And me.
3. So do a lot of people. And me
4. I mustn't say it again, must I?
5. It'll increase with exercises.
6. Make simpler songs with lyrics, while still doing complicated instrumentals.
7. Just shut up.....haha who the **** told you this load of crap?

Try it. If you don't like it, stop. It's that simple really. If you don't try, you won't know, and who knows how great you may actually be one day. Go for it for now, at least.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
If you want to do it, do it. If you can't hold a note, sing like John McCrea from CAKE. If you can't write, write by committee. If you can't sing and play, practice.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Sounds like you aren't up for it to me, but it's not because of the things you listed
You shouldn't even be asking this question. Just try. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you think you'll suck at singing, you will suck. Be positive, tell yourself you can do it and go for it. If it doesn't work out at least you can say you've tried.
Well, the sun is going to blow up in a couple billions of years.... it's just so pointless to try and learn something new anyways...
None of those are a big deal. I don't know what the implications on singing are for a partially deviated septum, but none of the rest of the stuff is a big deal. Even the lyrics thing. TONS of the songs written for Alice in Chains were written by Jerry Cantrell. Led Zeppelin just stole lots of their lyrics, and most of their early stuff that wasn't stolen, Jimmy Page wrote. As far as the looks are concerned, there are plenty of lead singers that are great, but are either ugly as sin, or fat, or really strange looking, or all of those things. All of your singing issues can probably be fixed with practice.
Quote by Kyleisthename
4. I have asthma
Should I even try?

sorry dude... but this isnt for you
Of course you should even try. What have you got to lose? If nothing else, you'll be able to do some good backing vocals when they're needed.

1 can be solved by someone else in the band/by practice and reading up on techniques, 2 to 4 don't matter even a little bit, 5 and 6 will improve with practice, and 7 is something that doesn't even exist.
Quote by paramore_undead
sorry dude... but this isnt for you

Go away.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 16, 2010,