Alright so I've been writing a song for the past three days I'm sure, and I have almost all the parts ready, but I suck at putting them in order. I plan to put a breakdown in the song, maybe after a second or third chorus. Also I can't seem to write a good chorus as the song is a bit fast, but I want to slow it down and add a little lead guitar peice over the chorus I need don't know how to transition. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

For reference most of my inspiration is coming from Miss May I's "Forgive and Forget"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQt95k9X9LQ
Listen to the chorus and you'll probably see what I mean.
If it's any help, it sounds like that song keeps the same timing all the way through, it's just that different beats are pronounced in different sections of the song.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yes that helps thanks! I just need to lay down a nice tempo'd rhythm guitar part, then add some lead over it which is becoming abit of a problem.
When in doubt, identify the key of the song and use your scales.
Soundcloud
Hmm most of the song is in C. In fact the guitar tuning is Drop C. Alright I'll guess I'll try more tomorrow. Your really helping, but one more question! Any transitioning tips?
C minor I'm guessing.

Transitioning? I dunno. In that song it doesn't sound like too much effort has been put towards the transitions to me, they're not smooth - just cut from one to the other. It just sounds like a bunch of random riffs stuck together to me. Perhaps confidence with your song will let you pull it off too.
Soundcloud