What's the name of the cable that lets you plug an electric guitar into a stereo?

Quote by blindsagacity
Don't compromise what you want just because the other option is easier. That's how people get stuck with fat chicks.

Love it
I assume you mean a 1/4" to either RCA or 3.5mm adapter. Neither ofcourse which will work, because without amplification, it's going to sound shitty and barely audible.

Ever hooked up headphones directly to your guitar? yeah.

Run it from the headphone output of your amplifier or don't bother.
"take him to the kennel, sick the dogs on his ass. we'll find out for god damn sure what he knows and what he don't."