can someone tell me a bit about them. i believe that the pro models are 90% the size of a regular explorer, and it has a maple top. are those the only differences between the pro and the 76 reissue? also, would anyone recommend this over an esp truckster?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Searching the elgoog i found that its a slightly smaller version, and the explorer 90 is the one thats 90 percent smaller. They were designed by the same guy.

The Pro also has pearl block inlays, neck binding, and a figured maple top. I would highly recommend it over the truckster, as I am a gibson fanboy, and think the truckster is an ugly guitar..
Pretty sure the Pro was discontinued a while back, I've been looking for one in the UK for several months now. I think it would be a much better choice than the Truckster if you can find one. Allison Robertson from the Donnas has been photographed numerous times with the explorer pro if you want to see it's size in relation to a person.
pro is discontinued. look at hamer for good explorers. they're better than gibson at a better price too
they also have a maple top and bound fretboard
Quote by digman50
pro is discontinued. look at hamer for good explorers. they're better than gibson at a better price too
they also have a maple top and bound fretboard

I can't really agree with this statement seeing as a USA Hamer will cost you a butt ton more than a USA Gibson Explorer. It better be a 'better' guitar if it's gonna cost me a grand more for binding and a cheesy flame top.

Gibson Explorers are good guitars and are priced pretty fair compared to Gibby's other guitars.

As for the pro, slightly smaller body, brighter in the tone. Bound body and neck with a flame maple cap. Personally I like the pros as the full size ones are clunky and can get in the way.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.