Alright i got a cheap yamaha strat knock-off second hand and it has the floating bridge but no bar, so what could i use for one?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Alright i got a cheap yamaha strat knock-off second hand and it has the floating bridge but no bar, so what could i use for one?

A bar you buy off the internet, or if you go to a store they may have a slip in bar for a Fender Vintage trem that would work decently, (if it fits.)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
well if i had money i really wouldn't have gotten a beaten up knock off, i just need something to kinda hold me over till i can buy an actual bar
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Nothing will work correctly. Just spend the 10 bucks.

You could try a really big allan key welded into there. That'd work for sure.
..I was watching my death.
i like that idea, i tried a screwdriver and it worked apart from the not being angled
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Quote by grungebaby
i like that idea, i tried a screwdriver and it worked apart from the not being angled

bend it in a vice then?
Quote by Bigsteve92
bend it in a vice then?

That would be awsome
Just pull up on the bridge with you hand, that is what I do when i mess around with a Strat that has now bar.
You guys keep this up and we'll have to change the name of this place.

Gear Building & Customizing Bastardization
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I can vouch for the spoon whammy notion! haha. It took a bit of ingenuity and a few well placed strikes with a hammer along with a die set. It worked... for about a week. Perhaps long enough to hold you off?
well i like to see that i'm not alone in my thinking that going ghetto is ok. so i took the whammy bar off my rockband guitar and now i'm using it.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Last edited by grungebaby at Aug 13, 2010,
if you go on ebay you can get a complete floyd set that comes with practically all the hardware on the guitar exept the tuners... 30$ beat that. if youre not looking for a change that big then i agree that a spoon would be pretty cool, youll have to bend it and temper/ quench it though, mos of my spoons ar pretty crappy and bend alot when im trying to get ice cream...
what would be the point of putting a floyd rose on a $30 guitar? haha I'd rather put that on my esp but i like to keep that one in tune so string-thru over TOM it stays
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15