Exactly as the title says. A scale of 1 to 10 would be appreciated!

Also, Karma is on my band's upcoming EP which I will link to you guys as soon as its done being mixed. Incision is just a new one and its a temporary name.
Attachments:
Karma.gp5
Incision.gp5
Critting Karma.

First riff is decent but fairly generic Deathcore style

Breakdown was decent but nothing I haven't heard before

I really like the next riff, but, there's nothing to say about

The power chords and melody 21 -24 are very Molotov Solution like. Are they an influence by any chance?

The next riff also sounds alot like Molotov Solution very good though.

The breakdown is very generic

Back to the first riff again, not much to say.

The lead part is good.

Not much to say about the next part

Last breakdown is my favorite .

Overall 7/10 Not the most original song around, but, it's very enjoyable.
The only real problem is something that plagues every metal and Deathcore bands; writing original breakdowns.

Asking again, was Molotov Solution and influence? This song sounds heavily influenced by them.

Hit me up with a copy of your EP sometime I'd like to hear it.
Last edited by Cheeselord at Aug 12, 2010,
Is Trenton a real first name? This is very, very generic, then again all deathcore is deathcore, I mean if you deviate out of a certain scale you can't call it deathcore anymore

Incision: Bars 42-43 were nice, the 3/3/2 at the end of 43 worked. Though as I said, all the very generic metal/deathcore. I'd work on spicing up the drums a little, I'm sure you can do more than blastbeats and fast double kicking, even in that genre, without being called un-hardcore :p Perhaps open and close the hi-hat once in a while?

Karma: sounds very similar to the first song, again, because of the rules of deathcore, nothing can go outside that one 0-1-4-5-7-8 scale, else it's un-hardcore, which is probably why bars 44-52 sound a little off. I mean the harmony's fine, it's just the fact that you shifted. This one in particular is very devoid of any kind of lead guitar, no solos, no higher riffs, etc. Maybe think about adding some?

I've got one in the sig if you fancy a crit back, sorry this wasn't particularly specific, it's deathcore, there genuinely isn't much to say beyond "it's probably a very good pair of deathcore songs".
Quote by Cheeselord

Asking again, was Molotov Solution and influence? This song sounds heavily influenced by them.

Hit me up with a copy of your EP sometime I'd like to hear it.

Yes, it very much is. They are one of my top influences haha. Such a great band. I'll letcha know as soon as its out

Quote by LessThanLuke

This is very, very generic, then again all deathcore is deathcore, I mean if you deviate out of a certain scale you can't call it deathcore anymore

Incision: Bars 42-43 were nice, the 3/3/2 at the end of 43 worked. Though as I said, all the very generic metal/deathcore. I'd work on spicing up the drums a little, I'm sure you can do more than blastbeats and fast double kicking, even in that genre, without being called un-hardcore :p Perhaps open and close the hi-hat once in a while?

Karma: sounds very similar to the first song, again, because of the rules of deathcore, nothing can go outside that one 0-1-4-5-7-8 scale, else it's un-hardcore, which is probably why bars 44-52 sound a little off. I mean the harmony's fine, it's just the fact that you shifted. This one in particular is very devoid of any kind of lead guitar, no solos, no higher riffs, etc. Maybe think about adding some?

Thats actually what I expected from here. Believe me, I'm trying to do everything I can to make us sound a little bit different from bands that are coming out today. I didn't create this band to say "Hey look guys! We're heavy as **** and I guess thats all that matters". First of all, thats already been done before and I know that its not going to get me anywhere. I admit, Karma probably wasn't my best effort about midway through the song, but I took a step back when we finished the EP, and I'm taking my time with writing other material because I know I can be more creative.

As far as the drums though, guilty as charged. I suck at writing them hahaha. I'm doing what I can to improve it.

Oh and Trenton is my actual first name :X
Learning to write interesting deathcore drums is a very tough thing to do. My advice, check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9OA1qeNeE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOYT3TjwRkU

Two great improv solos by Nick Pierce, The Faceless' old drummer. Really solid and inventive drummer who still keeps total speed up at all times. Copy some of that and adapt it to fit what you've already written. And really, try to get away from those 0-1-4-5-7-8-11-12 metal scales, I know it's really hard to without it turning "happy" but there are ways, even if you go into chromaticism.
Quote by LessThanLuke
Learning to write interesting deathcore drums is a very tough thing to do. My advice, check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9OA1qeNeE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOYT3TjwRkU

Two great improv solos by Nick Pierce, The Faceless' old drummer. Really solid and inventive drummer who still keeps total speed up at all times. Copy some of that and adapt it to fit what you've already written. And really, try to get away from those 0-1-4-5-7-8-11-12 metal scales, I know it's really hard to without it turning "happy" but there are ways, even if you go into chromaticism.

Thanks a lot for the help, man. I really do appreciate it