Okay, apologies in advance if this belongs in a different thread or suchlike, but i'm in a bit of a dilema

Today, my band are playing a free gig, and our setlist is really tight etc, but we're Covering I Don't Care by the blackout, and for that ONE song, i drop my bass, and purely do backing vocals...my question is, does it make more sense to put that at the end, and play The Consequence by youmeatsix before it? Bearing in mind TC has the amazing chant part at the end, which we're hoping to get people involved with?
My Band (As Faith Fades)

Quote by steven seagull
Elitist bollocks like this makes me want to vomit. You're so far up your own arse you could lick your own tonsils.
I would not drop your bass. Keep it strapped on, even if you don't play it. And keep your best song for last.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
It makes more sense to do that at the end, because if you pick the bass back up, something is more likely to go wrong (sound paranoid, but think about it, if something didgo wrong, that would seriously screw it up), and causes less complications.

However, instead of not using the bass why not just hold it, and have the volume rolled down? if you need more space to breathe through your diaphragm, lower the bass down.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by seemeel
I would not drop your bass. Keep it strapped on, even if you don't play it. And keep your best song for last.

thing is though, wouldn't i look a complete tool standing with a bass and not playing it?
My Band (As Faith Fades)

Quote by steven seagull
Elitist bollocks like this makes me want to vomit. You're so far up your own arse you could lick your own tonsils.
i come from a hair metal background, and chant alongs, clapdowns, and other shenanigans that involve audience participation knock em dead every time. Assuming you guys are good, and can get the crowd into the show.

SO, put TC somewhere in the middle of the set, just where the audience would be into you guys so much that they'd chant along.

EDIT: also put the no bass song at the end
Last edited by supersize at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by xGeekers
thing is though, wouldn't i look a complete tool standing with a bass and not playing it?

No. I don't think so. I think you'd look like more of a tool without it, if you're the only one who doesn't drop their instrument.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!