Do you guys go through phases with your music?
I swear my favorite genre and band changes all the time.
Like right now pop seems to be where it's at. Catchy keyboard riffs are just so much fun. Like last week I was listening to a lot of rockabilly and the week before that it was metalz. I think I do it just so I don't get bored with a genre I guess.

Do you guys change your opinions all the time like me or do you have one band or person that will forever be your favorite?
Yeah this happens to me.

I got for phases of pure pop punk, followed by listening to the heaviest hardcore/metalcore around (Periphery, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red), to then bits of straight metal like CoB, Sylosis etc. , then back to the pop punk like All Time Low,

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I did, although it wasn't too frequent for me to change phases. I think I finally landed on the one that will stick with me forever, so I'm satisfied.
Jazz to 70s-80s music to pop-rock to rap to rapcore to alternative rock to nu metal to metalcore to djent to classical and post-rock-ish music.

Strange thing is that all the music I was into, I previously thought was a really weird form of music.
I used to a a lot, it has recently settled in the last year though.
usually I'll go through phases as i listen to the different genres in my music, and that causes me to want to play that kind of music.
I always like to keep an open mind to playing other genres, but my main genre is progressive metal (hardcore), then would come indie.

the reason i landed on progressive metal is because of the technical skill, i value that a lot.
But it's still fun to play songs from any genre.
I was a militant metalhead until I was about 16. I'm now 19 and rarely listen to metal, it's been replaced jazz fusion, blues, indie and post-rock.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Yup, though it might last longer than a week for me, maybe a couple of weeks to a month I'll listen to grungy stuff like alice in chains or stone temple pilots, then all of the sudden I switch to stuff like wasp or iron maiden, then I'll go for some Fall out boy or My chemical romance.
...oh yeah, in between I'll listen to some fatboy slim and daft punk, but that usually lasts less.
Yup, usually starts when I find a new band that I like and then look for more bands like them. Then when I get bored of that genre I'll find a new band and do the same. Although after a while of not listening to said band, their 'freshness' comes back and then I'll start listening to them again.

I guess you could say I go in cycles.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
I usually go through phases of listening to certain bands as opposed the genres, there also usually completely different, for instance at the moment im listening to candlemass, the cult and slayers south of heaven and seasons in the abyss albums.
Quote by El Hilliaro
Yup, usually starts when I find a new band that I like and then look for more bands like them. Then when I get bored of that genre I'll find a new band and do the same. Although after a while of not listening to said band, their 'freshness' comes back and then I'll start listening to them again.

I guess you could say I go in cycles.

Thats pretty much what I do.
It would be cool to have like one genre that I could just listen to all the time but that has yet to come. But in the end my music has become some disturbing child of rap, rock, blues, and techno pop shit.
Well, about a month ago I was listening to Kids In Glass Houses all the time. About 2 weeks ago I was listening to heavy stuff like As I Lay Dying, Asking Alexandria and As Blood Runs Black. At the moment, i'm listening to a lot of piano pieces by the likes of Ludovico Einaudi and Yann Tiersen, so yeah, I'd say I go through phases