Page 1 of 2

If you mean by talking to them online yet never meeting them in real life it can happen and it happened before.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Yes, of course. What you don't know about them you make up in your head.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yes, that's what I mean, but it could also be a movie star.

Maybe like "wow her tit's are amazing! I LOVE THEM"
I don't think I could be romantically involved with someone I couldn't meet with. Thats like getting half of the shit that you would normally get but your still paying the same price.
If you're talking about people you've only ever spoken to online, yes it happens and I'm there now.
If you're talking about movie stars, I think it'd be closer to lust, you know nothing of what they're like in real life.
Quote by NielsWho
Yes, that's what I mean, but it could also be a movie star.

It's not really "in love" they just want to marry a movie star, when you see all the girls saying " I love *movie star" it's because hes probably good looking, rich, seems nice and a movie star, they want to be married to a movie star.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I think it's easier than falling in love with someone you see everyday.
If you only talk to them via the internet it's quite possible they're more likely to open up. You aren't blinded by lust if she is hot as well (provided you don't know what she looks like.)

For women change the she's to he's i cba to go back and make it gender unspecified.
No, but for instance, you could learn about them in interviews? I know you could never 'love them' in my definition of the word; because you need to trust them, and know that you can't be without him/her.

You're post made me fall in love with you. Does that count?

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Think of love like one of those sticky things you put on windows that flies land on then get stuck.

How are you gonna get stuck if you don't land on it first?
Quote by NielsWho
No, but for instance, you could learn about them in interviews? I know you could never 'love them' in my definition of the word; because you need to trust them, and know that you can't be without him/her.

You can never learn about someone in an interview, interviews gives the people what they want to hear, they wont tell you everything, alot of people seem nice on the outside but how do you know how they act alone in their homes or with their partners?
An Interview doesnt tell you that.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
possible...TS i love you
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by El Hilliaro
You're post made me fall in love with you. Does that count?

Counts, but I'm already engaged.

Bra size?

EDIT:

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You can never learn about someone in an interview, interviews gives the people what they want to hear, they wont tell you everything, alot of people seem nice on the outside but how do you know how they act alone in their homes or with their partners?
An Interview doesnt tell you that.

You know that an interview doesn't tell you that. Say we take some Bill Kaulitz obsessed fangirl; she says she knows him, and she loves him, because she thinks how he acts on video's and interviews is how he actually is. Is that genuine love?

Yes, I'm in a philosophic mood.

Last edited by NielsWho at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by adj209
Yeah of course, I met a girl over the internet 3 years back, we talked a lot (2 years at least) found out a lot about each other. I really liked her, would definitely go as far as saying loved her but she lived in America ;_;

I met a girl on a party half a year ago, we got each others mail, and phone number, and we are talking for a half a year, but she doesn't want to meet me. It's complicated, damn MDS.

EDIT:

The****? Double post?

Yes. Ever had a crush on a celebrity or so? Imagine that, only stronger and over an extended time span.

What Kensai said plays a big role here.
If I may conjecture a further objection, love has nothing to do with destined perfection;
The connection is strengthened, the affection simply grows over time
Like a flower
Or a mushroom
Or a guinea pig
Or a vine
Or a sponge
Or bigotry...

...or a banana

And love is made more powerful by the ongoing drama of shared experience
And the synergy of a kind of symbiotic empathy or...something...

EDIT: Just realized this really doesn't address the actual topic at hand, but I like the song so I'll just leave this here.
Last edited by denfilade at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by NielsWho

You know that an interview doesn't tell you that. Say we take some Bill Kaulitz obsessed fangirl; she says she knows him, and she loves him, because she thinks how he acts on video's and interviews is how he actually is. Is that genuine love?

Yes, I'm in a philosophic mood.

It is not genuine love, she doesnt really know him she doesnt know how he behaves when hes alone at home with his partner.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
It happens yeah.
Wouldn't recommend it cause being in love with someone you can't physically see is pretty hard to cope with.
No hugs for example
No sexy time either.
All you got is :
"I take off my Robe and wizard hat"
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by fender_696
Judging by the responses so far, not many people in this thread have been in love

Why would I fall in love with someone I never met in person?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
The title doesn't suggest discussion at all
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Why would I fall in love with someone I never met in person?
Because you're not in love?

I am not saying there isn't something there; hell, who is one person to say what "love" is anyway? Certainly not me

But it's a not a real relationship. Physical intimacy plays a major role in love. Cyber sex isn't a substitute. Also, how people appear on the phone, on the internet, whatever, can be majorly different to how they are in real life.
Quote by fender_696
Because you're not in love?

I am not saying there isn't something there; hell, who is one person to say what "love" is anyway? Certainly not me

But it's a not a real relationship. Physical intimacy plays a major role in love. Cyber sex isn't a substitute. Also, how people appear on the phone, on the internet, whatever, can be majorly different to how they are in real life.

That concept cracks me up so much.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by fender_696

Why are you posting this then?

Quote by fender_696
But it's a not a real relationship. Physical intimacy plays a major role in love.

That is moot at best.

Quote by fender_696
Also, how people appear on the phone, on the internet, whatever, can be majorly different to how they are in real life.

Nobody said these things were the same. If you are asked 'are you in love', you are not being asked about your actual relationship with someone. What you are being asked about are your feelings towards someone, and maybe whether you'd like there to be a relationship.

Also, you can't read people's minds. If someone tells me they are in love with a person they have never met, I'm going to believe it. The only person who knows your feelings is you.
I think its absolutely possible. I don't think I could, but I know people who set a much lower bar when it comes to being in love.

Then again a person who falls in love with someone they've never met would probably be the kind of crazy-stalker-obsessive boyfriend/girlfriend with someone they did know in real life.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Yes.

Having said that, let me just say that it is NOT the same thing as falling in love with someone who is actually there...
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Once, I had this dream where I was in love with a mermaid. When I woke up, I could still feel this "love" inside of me. It was weird :/
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Once, I had this dream where I was in love with a mermaid. When I woke up, I could still feel this "love" inside of me. It was weird :/

That love was the mermaids child growing inside of you
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Not in my opinion. I think you need to meet them in person and have proper chemistry. I mean you could talk online for hours, then in person it's just like:
"Hey."
"............hi."
"Nice talking to you."
Quote by LankeyDwarf
That love was the mermaids child growing inside of you

That's why I shat a little fish on that morning.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by TheQuailman
Why are you posting this then?

That is moot at best.

Nobody said these things were the same. If you are asked 'are you in love', you are not being asked about your actual relationship with someone. What you are being asked about are your feelings towards someone, and maybe whether you'd like there to be a relationship.

Also, you can't read people's minds. If someone tells me they are in love with a person they have never met, I'm going to believe it. The only person who knows your feelings is you.
Perhaps I should rephrase then

I, personally, could not fall in love with someone I have never met. There is too much of a barrier, for me anyway, to overcome between me and the other person.

Also, I find it a bit weird and sad

If you say you're "in love" with someone who've never met, go for it. Be my guest. Wait until you actually meet someone in real life - it's a whole new ball game.

And if you have already been with someone in "real life", then perhaps you have just experienced something in the airwaves I have yet to comprehend or grasp. Fair play to ya
Yes, I think it's possible and I've heard of stories of it working before and have met a couple who met on here and they are madly in love. So I pick yes.
Lust yes..

Love no.

Meeting someone is as simple as having a very brief conversation, if you can get enough fromt hat to fall in love then fair enough. But without knowing their personality? No, not in my opinion anyway.
Been there, done that. It's lovely.
Haven't met her and have no intention to. I love her dearly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it a good idea? Rarely.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Page 1 of 2