Hey guys!

So I'm pretty much doing some research for what guitar I'm going to get (in the near future). At the moment, I own a Peavey Wolfgang EVH Special EXP (Korean made) and I play metalcore/technical death metal/djent. Think Periphery, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red and Veil of Maya! I do like my Peavey, but I'd like something little more metal-oriented.

This is what I have came up with so far:

The Ibanez RGD2120 . As I play in drop c, the extended lenght is a big +. However, this guitar is at the "top" of my price budget and it comes with ibanez stock pickups which I would have to change asap which I might not have money for.

And then what the post is all about:

The Godin Redline 3 (the green one with a light neck). This guitar comes with EMG81/85's, is in perfect price range and looks real good.

So - what does UG think? Does the Godin look good? Do you have any experience with any of the guitars mentioned, or do you perhaps have more inputs?

Thanks!

Edit again: I might aswell make a little list of things that might be good to be taken in consideration.

Hands: Skinny but big, long fingers
Tuning: Drop C
Whammy usage: I never use the whammy (therefore, a floyd might not be nessesary)
Budget: According to thomann.de, the price of a Ibanez RGD2120 (1090&euro
Sound wanted (as far as the guitar can affect it): I love August Burns Red's sound!
String action: I want it as close to the neck as possible, metalstyle!
Last edited by Panikak at Aug 12, 2010,
I tried the Godin and it was nice. The neck is not super thin like the Ibanez so try it before u buy it. I also recommend a Esp Ltd mh-350/1000. THey're really good. If u'r changing tunings a lot, dont get a guitar with a tremolo.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Thing is, I never ever change tuning! I stay in drop c all the time. I highly doubt that I'll be able to try the godin out here in sweden, but are there any brand/guitars that have about the same dimensions on the neck as the godin redline?

EDIT: Checked the LTD out, looks nice! I'm putting it on my guitar-research-list
The Godin will outshine any other guitar in the price range, i guarantee.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by Madzää
The Godin will outshine any other guitar in the price range, i guarantee.

That's what I've heard from quite many sources/reviews. The fact that the price is awesome AND I get the pickups that I want at the same time is very tempting. However, it would be great to try it out first but that will be hard to manage.

Again, are there any guitar/brand that has similar dimensions to the Godin?

EDIT: Oh wait, actually Godin has a couple of dealers in Stockholm. Will try to check it out!
well, i have the prototype of this guitar, and as far as I can say, Godin guitars have a very unique feeling that I haven´t encountered on any other guitar before. It feels fery "fluid", which I think is the best word to describe it.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by Madzää
well, i have the prototype of this guitar, and as far as I can say, Godin guitars have a very unique feeling that I haven´t encountered on any other guitar before. It feels fery "fluid", which I think is the best word to describe it.

Okay! That sounds cool, I guess it's a good thing. I have emailed several music shops and asked if they have the guitar.

Are there any major difference between the Godin Redline 2 and 3? The 3 has a floyd rose which the 2 doesn't, and as I never use a whammy the Redline 2 would be better, right?
If you never use the tremolo, then get the II, it´s such a hassle to change strings on a floyd rose. And if you never use it, why have it´s downsides? Also, I think that the sustain is slightly improved by the bridge on the II instead of the Floyd on the 3.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

almilano.bandcamp.com
Quote by Madzää

+1

My friend has one of these and I can tell you it's probably one of my favourite necks ever, fast as anything even though it's not super thin like a wizard II
Quote by DavidMW
+1

My friend has one of these and I can tell you it's probably one of my favourite necks ever, fast as anything even though it's not super thin like a wizard II

Sounds awesome, I want to try it out...

Any more inputs?
i'd recommend schecter but they're pretty hard to come by outside the united states so i'd go for some esps
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
i'd recommend schecter but they're pretty hard to come by outside the united states so i'd go for some esps

Yeah they are

What esps?