Hi,

I've just uploaded a new song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xg52W_YUTo.

Started writing it a while back (in about January) and just got round to finishing it now.

Comments would be appreciated, C4C.

Thanks

P.s. If you don't think it sounds like U2 or Linkin Park please don't flame me for it, I'm never particularly good at describing my own music, but they're two bands that come to mind when I listen to it.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by BCat
I'm listening to it right and I really like it. I dont know what to say that you could improve. I really like the video too. The most I can say is keep it up and do what you've been doing because that's definitely a song I'd put on my iPod.

If you could critique mine thatd be great
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349441

Have left a comment on your thread.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
WOAH! HOly shit bro....this is amazing. I mean, it's so original! The singing, the layering, the guitar playing is very very awesome Man I love your sound and how the song sounds, it sound so good! Everything about it is good How long did it take you to record it? Again, my friend, this is amazing! Very very original

Crit my song please? It's just a demo right, no vocals. It's sorta alt./rock. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349499
Quote by inyourgirlagain
WOAH! HOly shit bro....this is amazing. I mean, it's so original! The singing, the layering, the guitar playing is very very awesome Man I love your sound and how the song sounds, it sound so good! Everything about it is good How long did it take you to record it? Again, my friend, this is amazing! Very very original

Crit my song please? It's just a demo right, no vocals. It's sorta alt./rock. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349499

Took me about a day and half to record it (bearing in mind I already had arranged the song before that, I started it completely in about February).

Have commented on your song.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I really like it. Good layering.

Only thing: Intro's too long before things start happening. In my personal opinion. Also, main vocals should be louder/more powerful/more defined. But very nice. I like. Music-wise is Linkin Park-ish, but vocals are very different.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Quote by Tone Deaf
I really like it. Good layering.

Only thing: Intro's too long before things start happening. In my personal opinion. Also, main vocals should be louder/more powerful/more defined. But very nice. I like. Music-wise is Linkin Park-ish, but vocals are very different.

Let me know if you want to look at/listen to any of your clips
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Sounds good to my ear, I rather enjoyed it. I don't see the Linkin Park part (no flame intended), but that could be a good thing seeing how I'm not too fond of them. Uhm, the only real input I have, and its not really about the track, but watch how high you set the mic when recording vocals, I mean if thats comfortable for you then keep going, but if you raise it too high, you may put some unwanted strain on dem vocal chords.

anyways, crit my demos?, their in my profile. at the moment their just barely in-time guitar wankery, but I'd love some input non the less, thanks and keep up the good work.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
Quote by Shadow678
Sounds good to my ear, I rather enjoyed it. I don't see the Linkin Park part (no flame intended), but that could be a good thing seeing how I'm not too fond of them. Uhm, the only real input I have, and its not really about the track, but watch how high you set the mic when recording vocals, I mean if thats comfortable for you then keep going, but if you raise it too high, you may put some unwanted strain on dem vocal chords.

anyways, crit my demos?, their in my profile. at the moment their just barely in-time guitar wankery, but I'd love some input non the less, thanks and keep up the good work.

The mic wasn't that high, it's just the angle of the camera which makes it look that way.

Will listen to your demos now.

EDIT: Have left a comment on your profile
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Last edited by dwally89 at Aug 19, 2010,
I thought this song would sound like Shadow Of the Day and With Or Without You. Because those songs are from U2 and LP and they sound very similar.

Idk if it sounds like any of them but great song! I like it.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Quote by kenvy
I thought this song would sound like Shadow Of the Day and With Or Without You. Because those songs are from U2 and LP and they sound very similar.

Idk if it sounds like any of them but great song! I like it.

Let me know if you want me to look/listen to any of your songs.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by Tster
Kind of like the new linkin park ish i guess. Either way I really liked this man.

Let me know if you want me to look at/listen to any of your songs
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Have to admit, I was hesitant to listen because I'm not really a Linkin Park fan...
However, I like the atmosphere you build up. Really unique idea you have going on with all the guitars. Video is very cool as well. I like the atmospheric vocals, not a huge fan of the vocals during the lyrics much, seem a bit talky, but then again, I think that might have been the style you were going for.
Not sure how much my criticism helps as it's not really my genre of music, however I did enjoy what you have. Much better than I anticipated TBH, as when I heard Linkin Park I expected something along the lines of their stuff I hear on the radio, which is pretty lame IMO. This however, seemed much more experimental and intriguing.
Pleasantly surprised, and very cool stuff man....and did I mention I really dig the video? lol
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Have to admit, I was hesitant to listen because I'm not really a Linkin Park fan...
However, I like the atmosphere you build up. Really unique idea you have going on with all the guitars. Video is very cool as well. I like the atmospheric vocals, not a huge fan of the vocals during the lyrics much, seem a bit talky, but then again, I think that might have been the style you were going for.
Not sure how much my criticism helps as it's not really my genre of music, however I did enjoy what you have. Much better than I anticipated TBH, as when I heard Linkin Park I expected something along the lines of their stuff I hear on the radio, which is pretty lame IMO. This however, seemed much more experimental and intriguing.
Pleasantly surprised, and very cool stuff man....and did I mention I really dig the video? lol

Yeah the vocals during the lyrics were meant to be talky/rappy (if I dare say that word).

But yeah, I wasn't really what music to compare it to, and I thought I could hear a bit of a Linkin Park and U2 sound in it.

Let me know if you want me to listen to any of your songs.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Cool man, I don't actually have any songs for crit at the moment, and won't for a couple months until my new project has it's demo done. I just like coming on here, trying to help people out, and checking out what the rest of UG is creating. Also, forgot to mention I'm liking the old-school style guitar in the video. Real cool tone you were getting for some of those lines. Real cool stuff, I have a buddy who's real into this kind thing. Next time I catch up with him I'll give him a link.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Cool man, I don't actually have any songs for crit at the moment, and won't for a couple months until my new project has it's demo done. I just like coming on here, trying to help people out, and checking out what the rest of UG is creating. Also, forgot to mention I'm liking the old-school style guitar in the video. Real cool tone you were getting for some of those lines. Real cool stuff, I have a buddy who's real into this kind thing. Next time I catch up with him I'll give him a link.

Thanks again.

Let me know when you have some stuff online
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Like somebody said, the intro is a bit long, not sure it would work as well without the visuals. The backing vocals need to fill out more, especially when they first enter during the intro; think a hug boys choir or something. As far as the song goes I think it's a little too repetitive, it needs a second section that breaks things off a bit and makes you feel like "Yes!" when the original sections returns. As it is now, once the listener gets locked in the groove and really gets into the track nothing else happens and the song turns into a long wait for some variation.

Basically a good idea, with some great individual parts, that probably should be slightly re-written.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
Like somebody said, the intro is a bit long, not sure it would work as well without the visuals. The backing vocals need to fill out more, especially when they first enter during the intro; think a hug boys choir or something. As far as the song goes I think it's a little too repetitive, it needs a second section that breaks things off a bit and makes you feel like "Yes!" when the original sections returns. As it is now, once the listener gets locked in the groove and really gets into the track nothing else happens and the song turns into a long wait for some variation.

Basically a good idea, with some great individual parts, that probably should be slightly re-written.

Nice to get some useful criticism for once.

Let me know if you want me to look/listen to any of your songs
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I liked it. The intro did seem a lil too long, but I love the layering. You did a great job with background vocals, I think they add a lot to the song. Also toward the end the music did get a lil repetitive for me, maybe change up some of the guitar riffs just to keep things interesting. Overall you did a great job, keep it up!

If you're doin C4C check out "Give In" on my profile
dwally,
A bit repetitive, but otherwise, quite good! How did you clone yourself? The song lends itself to this good video. Through much of the video the (very good) singer looks like a young George Harrison. Guitar tones are good, as is the audio quality of everything. Good melodies, I just wish there was more variety of melodies. Overall: very good recording & video! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356300&page=1&pp=20
Quote by Tomaz24
I commented on the YouTube vid itself as Soundwrks.

C4C?

Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by skaguitarist182
I liked it. The intro did seem a lil too long, but I love the layering. You did a great job with background vocals, I think they add a lot to the song. Also toward the end the music did get a lil repetitive for me, maybe change up some of the guitar riffs just to keep things interesting. Overall you did a great job, keep it up!

If you're doin C4C check out "Give In" on my profile

Yeah, I was thinking of almost doing an "album version" and a "single version", where the single version would start off with all of the loops already playing (would make the song over a minute shorter).

Have commented on your song.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by aaron aardvark
dwally,
A bit repetitive, but otherwise, quite good! How did you clone yourself? The song lends itself to this good video. Through much of the video the (very good) singer looks like a young George Harrison. Guitar tones are good, as is the audio quality of everything. Good melodies, I just wish there was more variety of melodies. Overall: very good recording & video! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356300&page=1&pp=20

If I told you I'd have to kill you, sorry...
George Harrison? Thanks :-)

Have left a comment on your thread
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, and please tell me if it is, and I'll happily delete this post.

I've just entered the song from this thread into a songwriting competition, and I'd appreciate it if as many of you as possible voted for me.
By voting for me, you are also entered into a competition to win either €500 ($665) or €1000 ($1330).

Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by MentaLrz
david bowe???

Sorry I don't understand you?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by radicalz_adi
i like it. its different. not linkin park ish in my opinion,,,, i shud check out ur other songs too now.

Crit mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359679

Thanks.
Wow, you have a whole album up! Give me a specific song to listen to, and then I'll crit it.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by dwally89
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, and please tell me if it is, and I'll happily delete this post.

I've just entered the song from this thread into a songwriting competition, and I'd appreciate it if as many of you as possible voted for me.
By voting for me, you are also entered into a competition to win either €500 ($665) or €1000 ($1330).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the link is http://www.youbloom.com
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
just start with dreaming. if u think its crap then probably just post a review of that song otherwise its music and if u like it, its a crime to not listen to good music.
Quote by radicalz_adi
just start with dreaming. if u think its crap then probably just post a review of that song otherwise its music and if u like it, its a crime to not listen to good music.

Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss DS-1

Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?