ok i did a search and didnt find anything.

so yeah... thoughts on DBZ Guitars?

edit: since this is looking to be a long thread post a couple of pictures of your favorite one

should make the thread more interesting =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 12, 2010,
Apparently they're pretty good guitars, better than Deans at least. Not really my cup of tea though.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by eveningninja
Dragon Ball Z guitars? Sounds good to me lol.

LOL, i thought about that too

Well, seriously, Dean Zelinsky invented this whole new brand called DBZ guitars because apparently he learned stuff from the mistakes he made with the Dean guitars, and just wanted to do something new with a better quality. Therefore, they're kinda expensive, and aren't available everywhere..
Quote by eveningninja
Dragon Ball Z guitars? Sounds good to me lol.

it was only a matter of time...
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Some of them sure look crazy, hell i'd like to try one still. Besides good on ole' Dean for putting his name behind something that actually has quality and substance. We should all learn a few things from him
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Gotta give Dean Zelinsky credit, forming a guitar company named after him to compete against another guitar company he founded that was also named after him.

Best headstocks ever.
very true, cant fault him, especialy looking at some of the Boleros... i love the black one with the crest under the bridge.... gotta get one of those one day
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Played the import model Bolero. It was not impressive at all. The guitar felt cheap and the pickups are very flat and unresposive. Pickup selector switch felt loose. They also look horribly gaudy in person. The only thing I liked was their USA V, but even that thing was ugly as sin.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I met Dean Zelinsky at a guitar store here not too long ago and he asked me if I'd seen these yet.

I told him I hadn't and he took me over to them and was talking about them and letting me play around on them.

Just me and him, it was cool as hell.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I met Dean Zelinsky at a guitar store here not too long ago and he asked me if I'd seen these yet.

I told him I hadn't and he took me over to them and was talking about them and letting me play around on them.

Just me and him, it was cool as hell.

Ohhh duuuude ! I totally envy you !! that's gotta be one of the coolest things that could happen to a guitarist
Did he let you play on the Cavallo peacemaker ?? that one is just ... OHH !!
so looking at the replies these are going to end up like Deans or BC richs???

you either love them or hate them... there really isnt an in-between
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by Dave Frenzy
so looking at the replies these are going to end up like Deans or BC richs???

you either love them or hate them... there really isnt an in-between

No... I think it's more like the import models are made very poorly and they're asking too much.

The USA model I tried (Cavallo?) was perfectly fine.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Ramwen
Ohhh duuuude ! I totally envy you !! that's gotta be one of the coolest things that could happen to a guitarist
Did he let you play on the Cavallo peacemaker ?? that one is just ... OHH !!

Yeah, it was a pretty special moment for me.

No, they didn't have one of those, unfortunately.
I checked out a Cavallo, a Bird Of Prey, and a Croc Skin Bolero.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
DBZ guitars cost over 9,000!

(Someone hadn't done that yet?)
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by vacant_pistol
DBZ guitars cost over 9,000!

(Someone hadn't done that yet?)

lol, actually there are a few models like the Venom Watchers and Bird Of Prey that don't cost more than 1000€

@ Sleaze Disease : oww too bad, but still that had to be great

i just love this one.... reeeeeeeealy want it!
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
many they are sexy
im thinking of getting the v model. but made in korea......looks can b deceiving...has anyone played one......
They are suppose to be great guitars, after all they are Dean guitars and by that I mean the guy that owned Dean guitars is the owner of DBZ. And dean has all ways been proud of the quality of his guitars where as he wasnt so happy about the quality when of Dean Guitars when he lost control of the company. If you want a true Dean guitar you gotta go DBZ. I hear they go over 9000
DBZ is supposed to make guitars the way Dean Zelinsky made them "back in the day"

I enjoy my Deans- an EVO Special Select and a Time Capsule Cadillac (made while Dean was with the company)- but I would love to get my hands on a DBZ Imperial.

As for their cost- they range from $649 to $1074, near as I can tell.

Quite reasonable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
yeah thats what i thought you can pay nearly 3 times as much as that for a gibson LP and everybody knows what their quality control is like at the moment
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
so what u saying dave??? dbz are a good buy? thanks for the link......what a beautiful guitar. aint that badly priced as well. have u tried it?
Quote by rajandmaria
so what u saying dave??? dbz are a good buy? thanks for the link......what a beautiful guitar. aint that badly priced as well. have u tried it?

Well he'll probably say yes since it's obvious that he's extremely biased towards DBZ.

For what you're paying (especially in their import range) you can get better guitars. Now if you end up liking it, good for you, but I recommend not buying one of these things before you try it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by rajandmaria
why?

Because all they are giving you are mediocre playing guitars that Dean claims to be made in the same vein as his Deans. They feel cheap, they should cost about as much as an Epiphone but they're asking like 100 to 200 bucks more for some gaudy fake gold inlays on top of a less than stellar guitar. The pickups in the guitars are weak and unresponsive. Well either Dean's lost his touch or he's ripping off the masses because none of his DBZ guitars will ever match up to my vintage Dean guitar.

These guitars are all looks so if you're about looking good on stage then go for it.

Now I can't vouch for the USA models as I have played 1 but I have played enough of the import models to make assesments of those guitars and they're a waste.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
ok i hear ya....so for 700 to 1000bucks what guitar would u recommend? im looking for screaming pick ups.melodic leads. chugging rythyms.
Quote by rajandmaria
ok i hear ya....so for 700 to 1000bucks what guitar would u recommend? im looking for screaming pick ups.melodic leads. chugging rythyms.

You should start a thread

Depends on what you like? What kind of neck profile? What music do you play?

Check out an ESP LTD EC-1000. Solid guitars and can be had cheaper used.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
actually im not that biased toward them, i meant that:

A: from what i have heard gibson quality control sucks
B: if Dean Zelinsky has broken away to make his own company dedicated to the customer quality control must be good. i even heard that on their forum he is the person that answers questions and comunicates with the members.
C: that guitar looks awesome!

so thats all i know, hence why i started a thread about them because there doesn't seem to be much knowledge on the make/guitars.
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Because all they are giving you are mediocre playing guitars that Dean claims to be made in the same vein as his Deans. They feel cheap, they should cost about as much as an Epiphone but they're asking like 100 to 200 bucks more for some gaudy fake gold inlays on top of a less than stellar guitar. The pickups in the guitars are weak and unresponsive. Well either Dean's lost his touch or he's ripping off the masses because none of his DBZ guitars will ever match up to my vintage Dean guitar.

These guitars are all looks so if you're about looking good on stage then go for it.

Now I can't vouch for the USA models as I have played 1 but I have played enough of the import models to make assesments of those guitars and they're a waste.

Well, the reviews of the Imperial have been pretty positive...

http://www.mrbluesguy.com/dbz-imperial-electric-guitar/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STo9zio06Yc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7RHO8stXI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPj3Aqdh108&feature=related

OTOH, I haven't actually had MY hands on one, so you could be absolutely right, and in all honesty, you can't go wrong with "Try before you buy."

Still, I'm betting that I'll be buying one via the internet, and I don't think I'll have too much to worry about.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I've been looking at the Bare Bones Religion model the past few days, unfortunately i can't find any dealers in Western Australia for DBZ guitars, so I'm forced into online shopping in the event of picking this guitar. Normally i'm an ESP player and love the thin necks they have, so can anyone who's played both ESP and DBZ let me know how they feel (Bare Bones Religion preferably) compared to an ESP neck?

Hopefully it's good news, as the guitar appears to be rather good value ($1,200 AUD), the only thing i would switch out would be the pick-ups, i don't put much stock in guitar brand ones >.>
I played a few models over the weekend and I thought they were dman good guitars. They felt great and sounded great as well. Quality instruments
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus