So whats the general opinion of schecter guitars? Does anyone have any experience with them (preferably the damien and hellraiser series) and can post any reviews? And which if any would you recommend? Post the genre you play as well please.
Well, since there's going to be a long train of positive reviews after this, I'll say that I didn't like the C-1 line very much. They're decent guitars at the price, but I found that they're cold sounding and not particularly interesting from a tone standpoint.
I imagine the metal players will tell you something different. I do classic rock and jazz.
Wait for it...3...2...1...(cue massive argument about LP's, ibanez, gibson, PRS etc. from elitists)

Google "shecter guitar reviews Damien Hellraiser"

Shecter are good. they are good guitars, best suited to metal as a general rule. thier lower ends are good for what you pay, and their higher ends are good as well. they play quite well, but have massive necks. thier pickups arent awful, but a couple of the lower end models could do with modding with better ones. the high end ones are good, but it comes down to personal preference. the guitar tone isnt amazing, a bit dull or something, cant find the right word. thier 8 string models are nice, and good value.

To summarise, theyre good guitars. definately not the best, but above average. personally. if youre not playing metal, you wont want a schecter, but if you do, then theyre good. comes down to taste.

I play Jazz, Blues, Pretty stuff, and Tech Death (basically every genre).

Hope this helps.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 12, 2010,
I'll start off saying that Schecter guitars are really really pretty lol. They have some relaly good paint jobs for their price range. Plus some models have some awesome fret-art.

That being said, they are indeed suited for metal (the C-1 pickups are a bit weak imo and better suited for classic rock stuff). I have a friend who owns a C-1 and I've played it many times and while he LOVES it, it didn't feel right to me. Something about Schecter necks annoys me. I played other models and I've always had the same problem. I was looking to buy a new guitar about a year ago and I tried out a few Schecters but ended up going with an ESP LTD EC-1000 (I'm a huge ESP fan so no surprise there). The ESP necks just feel alot better for my playing and hand size etc.

With respect to tone I can't comment very much as i never sat down with a Schecter long enough to develop an opinion.

Anyway, I play metal mostly and blues and classic rock from time to time and ESP has never let me down...I will reinforce though that Schecters are really really pretty lol
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
I like my c-1+. it feels great. But I can't really say I would buy another Schecter. The tone woods with the few of them I have played with are just ehh at best.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
they are T3h best guiytarzzz EVA!!!!

Personally I am not a big fan as here in the UK they are hard to get and bloody expensive for what they are.

General opinion is that the new ones arent as good as older ones either.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I own a Damien Special. I quite love it. The tone was kinda meh with the EMG H4 pickups, so I upgraded to a Dimarzio D-Sonic in the Bridge and a Liquifire in the neck The sound that I get right now is fantastic. But, I would go back to Ibanez if I had enough money. Or an Agile 8 string
Quote by Tom 1.0
they are T3h best guiytarzzz EVA!!!!

Ahh and here I thought you were going to bring up teh epik coil tapz again.

Personally I think they're good guitars. Good value for what you pay in North America. Something about them just isn't my thing though. I played a couple and I wasn't crazy about them. I'd rather get an LTD for the money, but it's all personal preference.

If you read a review on X guitar saying that it has a comfortable neck, great tone, awesome look. Then you play the guitar and you find the neck is too thick/thin, it sounds flat and lifeless, and it looks odd to you.

The more you hang around UG you'll notice all the brandboys (Schecter fanboys, Ibanez fanboys, ESP fanboys, etc.) The schecter fanboys are bound to come in here and post something similar to what Tom posted, but actually mean it. And you'll also get the ESP and Ibanez fanboys coming in here asking why you're bothering with Schecter.

Basically the same guitars can be completely different to different people. Try them and formulate your own opinion on the guitar.

Great guitars for the money.

The C-1 necks are much to thick for me.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Like a lot of brands they’re really a love-it-or hate it guitar company. If you like fat necks and dark warm tones you’ll probably like Schecter guitars. If you like skinny necks and bright icy tones look elsewhere.
If I ignore the way they sound, ignore the way they feel, and ignore they way they look, I'd say they're pretty good.
I'm happy with my Hellraiser, it's actually the second one I've had, I traded the first one for another the exact same but with a Floyd Rose on it. I use it for C# standard tuning and it keeps really well. I would go try one out and see what you think though, as far as quality, it's worth the price so it's a good mid range guitar.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
overrated guitars on here that are extremely overpriced in the UK where i live. I own a schecter c1 elite and tis ok but the newer ones i've played have felt bad in comparison to the elite.
I own 3 Schecters. A Hellraiser Sunset FR, a Damien Solo 6, and an Omen 6. The Damien Solo is by far my favorite. It's one of the best feeling and sounding guitars I've ever played. I don't see myself buying anything else but Scheter in the near future.
Quote by siverstorm
Ahh and here I thought you were going to bring up teh epik coil tapz again.

Personally I think they're good guitars. Good value for what you pay in North America. Something about them just isn't my thing though. I played a couple and I wasn't crazy about them. I'd rather get an LTD for the money, but it's all personal preference.

If you read a review on X guitar saying that it has a comfortable neck, great tone, awesome look. Then you play the guitar and you find the neck is too thick/thin, it sounds flat and lifeless, and it looks odd to you.

The more you hang around UG you'll notice all the brandboys (Schecter fanboys, Ibanez fanboys, ESP fanboys, etc.) The schecter fanboys are bound to come in here and post something similar to what Tom posted, but actually mean it. And you'll also get the ESP and Ibanez fanboys coming in here asking why you're bothering with Schecter.

Basically the same guitars can be completely different to different people. Try them and formulate your own opinion on the guitar.

THEY HAV3 COIL TAPZZZZ?!!!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
They are pretty good and generally versatile. But for what they cost, there's already MIJ/MIA stuff available that doesn't look as pretty, but usually sounds and feels better. They do use good pups on their higher-end instruments though, unlike some other manufacturers (*cough*Ibanez*cough*).
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 12, 2010,
I have a tempest and I love it to death, but I've also played a few other Schecters in music stores. I like them all a fair bit, but you could probably go with an Ibanez or something for less money and switch out the pickups if you want. Not that you would really need to.

All in all, pretty kick ass guitars.
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)