I've been play rock guitar for a bit over a year now, and I'm going to try to get in some blues just to improve my playing.
I've never really listened to all that much blues, so can someone recommend me some good blues guitar stuff from rock bands? Like any blues song by led zeppelin, fleetwood mac, eric clapton, aerosmith, rolling stones, jeff beck... you know.

Thanks
Last edited by flames649 at Aug 12, 2010,
Try the Peter Green- era Mac and for Eric Clapton, my personal favorite is the Layla Album which is heavily blues oriented.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin is one of my favourits zep tunes. The whole of Led Zeppelin III is fairly bluesy except a few more folky tunes.

And as for Green's Fleetwood Mac - probably the best white blues artists of the 60s.
Last edited by mrmesserschmit at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by DirtiestOfDeeds
You shook me - Led Zeppelin has great delta blues

that's not delta blues
Some stuff from the Black Crowes is pretty bluesy, though they're more modern. Gov't Mule floats somewhere between Rock and Blues, too.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Ice Cream Man - Van Halen
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by slidething31
for Eric Clapton, my personal favorite is the Layla Album which is heavily blues oriented.

Yes! That is one of the best albums ever made. Duane Allman, of the Allman Brothers Band, plays on most of the album, and even wrote the opening riff to Layla. In addition to what others have said, the Allman Brothers Band, the Derek Trucks Band, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Marshall Tucker Band, ZZ-Top, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, and I have to second Rory Gallagher, he was amazing. He's definitly one of the most underated guitarists of all time.
Led Zeppelin has a sick version of "Bring it on Home."

Also, you should check out the Jimi Blues album. "Hear my Train A Comin'" is easily one of my favorite acoustic blues songs ever. It's not like a delta blues, exactly--it's quite unique, really.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...