Didn't feel like having a bunch of guitar people answer this, because that's always the people who answer my questions on the guitar customizing/building forum..

ANYWAY, I'm looking into buying a new speaker for my amp (as a first step on the road to basically upgrading the entire thing.) What are places where i can buy the apeakers for amps? or can i just buy a subwoofer speaker and use that for my bass amp?
http://www.google.com/search?q=bass+guitar+speakers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls

Although if your amp isn't great, getting new speakers wouldn't be much of a good idea.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
thanks, didn't think google would be much help. i haven't really trusted google search lately.

but yeah its a lousy Line 6 LD15. 15 watt, with 8 inch speaker, i just wanted to get a bigger speaker (the current one doesn't handle my low B string very well) so i was thinking about getting a 15 incher and building a new case for it.
I honestly don't think it would be worth it.

You'd be 100x better off just getting a better amp, especially as 15watts is barely enough for a bedroom, never mind anything else you may choose to do.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

true true.
any suggestions on good, fairly cheap bass amps below USD$400?
I'd try and fine a used Hartke, but that's because I love Hartke.

Actually I have no idea what you could get for 400US

Have a look at Acoustic, Ashdown and Peavey too.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

thanks guys, the line 6 is a PoS. i just bought it a few years ago, because my old amp blew out, and i needed something with effects that was also a step up. so i bought it. i now regret it. hahaha

and I've played a Hartke they're spectacular. and I've only heard great things about Ashdown.
Where is Ashdown sold? I've never seen it in my local stores, or at Guitar Center/Samash
i had an Acoustic B200H and the B115 stack and its only $399.99 (then had to trade it...sad) Loved it although it was the first big amp i had played through so i have nothing to compare it to. even still i would totally buy again. it was loud enough to play with a band and i could get good tones from a cheap p-bass.

when i bought mine guitar center had free shipping as opposed to musicians friend...fyi
With a 15 inch speaker you need at least 200 watts solid state to drive it decently, you wont get everything out of it unless you have around 300 though. 10 inch speakers on the other hand sound awesome with nearly any amount of wattage because you don't so much power to drive them, it's kind of a surface area thing.

400US will get you a pretty good amp, Acoustic in a native brand over there that I have only heard good things about.

I love Hartke also so, yeah if you can find one from the HA series, hell yeah.

I'm not a huge ashdown fan, In my opinion there isn't much variation on tone unless you have an active bass, other then that it has a very ashdown low mids to low sound which I don't particularly like, I know heaps who love it though and play ashdown just for that tone they have, Similar to Ampeg actually.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"