So I'm having trouble memorizing the notes on the neck of a guitar. I'm trying to MEMORIZE them 100% any advice?
Sorry for short post gotta poop
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."
practise.

A A#/Bb B C C#/Db E F F#/Gb G G#/Ab
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by whoisthisagain
The open strings...

Eddy Ate Dynamite, Good Bye Eddie
Low to High

or Elephants And Dragons Grow Big Ears
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Make sure you're USING the note names when you play. There's no point staring at the names for half an hour, only to refer to everything as "xth fret on y string" the moment you start playing anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Banjocal
or Elephants And Dragons Grow Big Ears

or EADGBE. It's always just rolled off the tongue for me for some reason.

To TS: There are twelve notes and they repeat. It's a matter of getting used to where they are on the fretboard. Learning what intervals look like on a guitar also helps a lot. Also, +1 to what seagull said.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by mardisaaron
So I'm having trouble memorizing the notes on the neck of a guitar. I'm trying to MEMORIZE them 100% any advice?
Sorry for short post gotta poop

It takes time. Personally I think you should learn them as you learn to read music. Just memorizing letter names without any context often leads to your exact problem. and btw I pooped as I typed this.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by GuitarMunky
It takes time. Personally I think you should learn them as you learn to read music. Just memorizing letter names without any context often leads to your exact problem. and btw I pooped as I typed this.

WTF?!

I guess you're really anal about giving people advice whenever they need it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Maybe someone could try typing something coherent by means of pooping on their keyboard?