Hello everyone on the forums. I'm interested buying a second guitar as an early birthday present. I was looking at a 1991 Gibson Les Paul Classic at a price of $500. All I want to know is to see if this is legit or not. The serial number is 92981360. Click here to see the page. Quick note I did not bid on it yet.
I went on Guitardaterproject and this is what came up
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
October 25th, 1991
Production Number: 60

I'm pretty sure its a real les paul. The owner says its a Studio but you say its a classic, studios don't have binding, classics, standards, and customs do.
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Aug 12, 2010,
actually there was a studio deluxe or something that DID have binding and all that jazz.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
and TS, bear in mind, that the auction has 3 days left, I can 100% guarantee you that it will sell for close to the 'buy it now' price.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Looks plenty real to me. Gibson fiddled with the Studio design early on. I've seen studios with full body and neck binding but with dot inlays or bound bodies etc... If you're really that concerned I'm sure a quick email to Gibson with some pictures of the guitar would clear things up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it's been refinished.

it started life as a wine red studio. it was refinished to tobacco burst, the "binding" is probably just the sides of the maple cap like a prs.

it's very hard to tell from the shitty pictures, but it looks legit - from what i can tell. headstock is dead on studio.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by SilverRock113
I went on Guitardaterproject and this is what came up
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
October 25th, 1991
Production Number: 60

I'm pretty sure its a real les paul. The owner says its a Studio but you say its a classic, studios don't have binding, classics, standards, and customs do.

It's a Studio. He's had it refinished, says so in the ad.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Its legit.

But do your self a favor, read the entire posting before you go spending 500+ dollars
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
That thing is only 1.5 hours south of my house! For a couple hundred bucks I'll go look at it for ya
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
As mentioned, it's been refinished.

Second, the price is not $500. The opening bid price is $500. The reserve has also not been met.
yeah, the reserve hasnt been met yet. the reserve is probably around $650ish, if i had to guess. the buy it now is 800, so it'd be stupid to set the reserve at 800 because then it defeats the purpose of the bid. back to the question, yes its legit.
"The most important thing about music is energy and emotion, not how well you can play. Technique should be a tool to achieve your vision, not the other way around."
-Jeff Tuttle

More guitar, less ultimate-guitar!