Hey I'm looking for a cheap guitar like a fender six, any other six string bass guitar I find has too wide a neck, and I dig the pickups and the string spacing on the fender VI
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
rondomusic.com has a fenderVI clone. its in the guitar section I think its called the targus.
no sir away a papaya war is on
i have seen those but I think they're just baritone guitars
-Van the Fuckin' Man
You could build your own, which wouldn't be super cheap, but wouldn't be expensive. You could have someone else build one for you, which would be expensive, but probably not as expensive as buying a vintage one.

Its just a short-scale bass with what is it, 15 frets (something along those lines) and super-narrow string spacing (with lighter gauge strings).

I'm curious, what do you find appealing about it? It wasn't terribly practical, there was a good reason it died off back when it did.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Schecter makes an instrument very similar to the old Bass VI - I believe it is called the Hellcat - but it may be discontinued. I haven't seen one advertised in a while.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Tostitos
You could build your own, which wouldn't be super cheap, but wouldn't be expensive. You could have someone else build one for you, which would be expensive, but probably not as expensive as buying a vintage one.

Its just a short-scale bass with what is it, 15 frets (something along those lines) and super-narrow string spacing (with lighter gauge strings).

I'm curious, what do you find appealing about it? It wasn't terribly practical, there was a good reason it died off back when it did.

I dig the cross between bass and six string guitar, I dig the tones you can get out of it, and the fact that it feels like a guitar, but mostly I just dig Jet Harris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-8W9qe-2Xo&feature=related
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Quote by Frames4ever
i have seen those but I think they're just baritone guitars

I am fairly confident they are tuned EADGbe . let me check though, I know they are 30 inch scale.

edit: definately a 30" scale. I would go for it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Aug 13, 2010,