I've got a new toy, a Jackson RR3 Rhoads that I've got second hand, and it's got a Floyd rose and a locking nut (I was wondering whether the floyd rose might be causing the problem) Anyway it is tremendously difficult to tune it, for some reason the tuner goes wild whenever I try.

I've heard about people blocking the floating floyd rose bridge by putting something inside would this help while I tune the guitar?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Last edited by Eurozeppelin at Aug 12, 2010,
I suggest if you don't know what you're doing with a floyd, just get it set up at a local guitar shop. That way, the thing will actually stay in tune.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Uh first will it cost money or do you think they'll just set it up for me for free?

And first it's not that it doesent stay in tune, it just wont go in tune in the first place, I sitll havent properly got it in tune
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

The way I understand floyd rose bridges is that the tension that the guitar strings are set at is the same tension the back springs need to be at. So if your comfortable with it try adjusting the back springs. if the bridge is being pulled towards the headstock the springs need to have more tension and if that bridge is going towards the body it needs to be loosened. The bridge should be even with guitar body while in tune.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Uh first will it cost money or do you think they'll just set it up for me for free?

Unless your friends with a tech no setup will ever be free unless a free lunch falls from the sky
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
Quote by Eurozeppelin
And first it's not that it doesent stay in tune, it just wont go in tune in the first place, I sitll havent properly got it in tune

This sentence makes me think you might be trying to tune it with the nut still locked down. I hope that is not the case.
Quote by jpnyc
Have you read the very long and detailed Floyd Rose setup guide thread?
That. Does the OP think he is the first with FR setup issues? I hope not! Either way, searchbar that shizzle.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
No its not
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

FR's need to be tuned and adjusted constantly when new strings are added but i agree. take it to a local shop if you dont know what your doing
Oh yeah, I don't know what strings are on the guitar now but I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to use Ernie Ball regular slinkies (the strings I use on my other guitars) on a guitar with a locking nut and floyd rose because the stretchiness of the strings or something is unsuited to a guitar that you pull on them with the tremolo alot?

Is he right or should I just put some Ernie ball regular slinkies on cause they feel nice? If not can someone reccomend me some strings to use?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)