ive been considering buying one of these but i have only had a chance to play on one once. is this gonna be worth $89? give me your opinion on this pedal so i can make a good desicion
it's a very good distortion pedal imo, i use one with my backup amp (cause the distortion on Marshall AVT's sucks). I'd try to find one used, you could probably find one for like $60 or so. maybe even less. If you can, team it up with a compression sustainer. Sounds beastly
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by Crimson Ghost
it's a very good distortion pedal imo, i use one with my backup amp (cause the distortion on Marshall AVT's sucks). I'd try to find one used, you could probably find one for like $60 or so. maybe even less. If you can, team it up with a compression sustainer. Sounds beastly

i used to have an AVT and yeah the stock gain does kind of suck, but with a TS9 in front of it, it made it sound a trillion times better. I'm sure a Metal Muff would probably work good to though. But it really depends on what style your playing. I'm assuming your playing megadeth? What is your amp? An overdrive might work better than a distortion depending on those variables
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
well no lol. i can only play 2 megadeth songs. i just happened to be into them when i made my profile. but top ten bands are RHCP, green day, white stripes, marilyn manson, korn, system of a down, serj tankian, weezer, foo fighters, and godsmack. sooo im kinda all over the place with my tone. im looking for something that is gonna give me anywhere from that tone Frusciante gets in give it away to the nasty distortion the john lennon gets in revolution to the nasty early nirvana sound that jason everman gets all the way to stuff like arch enemy. so just something verrrrry versatile. and my amp is nothing special becaus ewhen i play live i use a digitech gig pedal and a carwin power amp and a soldano 412 cab but this pedal is more fore use at home with my practice amp which is a little peavey rage. nothing special but its enough to get the job done. so based off of that just tell me what you would recommend because ive never been one for individual pedals since im only 16 i either have used my dads rig or have used my power amp which stays with my drummer who hauls all our crap. so i just need a good versatile pedal for home.
I like the plain old USA big muff, and you can get great white stripes / rhcp esque tones from it.
when i say white stripe i dont mean like icky thump sounds. i want that really early de stijl sound. that bluesy crappy tube amp sound where the amp has prolly been kicked more than played lol.