guitar style or the bass style triangle picks?

I tend to use guitar style because I play guitar and always have them ready. what about you?
no sir away a papaya war is on
i use whatever's nearby really, but for bass my favourite picks are dunlop stubby 2.0/3.0mm. i stick to jazz III for guitar usually though.
i often use wooden ones shaped like A triangle with one side cut squarely. made outta wood. it sounds better, and glides over the strings, and lasts ages (i was surprised about that too) im a bit of a weird guitarist
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
shape doesn't really matter to me, as long as they are thick (2mm+)
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I use my rather large supply of red Guitar Center picks, a thumbpick, and a glass pick (normal size/shape for a guitar pick). I have a few felt picks for my uke too, but they're currently M.I.A. in my room.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Though I'm generally a fingerstyle bassist, if I have to use a pick, it's the big triangles.

This is in contrast to my guitar playing, where I use them tiny Jazz III picks. :P
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
I use dunlop Jazz III...i like em small..its the only type of pick i can play smoothly on
I like to use a heavy gauge Dunlop thumbpick, so I can switch between fingerstyle/tapping and picking. If I'm slapping, I tend to just stick with slap and fingers, rather than switching to picking as well, so if I know I'm playing a slap line, I leave it off, but if theres a long section of straight 16th root notes, its much easier to switch to a pick.

Having said that, Jazz III XL blacks work amazing on bass, gives you real bite and attack.
IF I play with a pick it's usually a Dunlop Tortex Wedge 1.14mm. I'm really happy with them. I bought 2, and I've had them for over a year. I used to play Dunlop Delrin 2.0mm picks, but after playing the Wedge picks, I decided that the 2.0mm picks are one of the reasons why I hated bass playing with a pick in the beginning (Tho they do wonders on drop tuned guitars).
I use teardrop tortex or the normal jazz 3s. I occasionally use nylons but they don't give a strong enough attack. I need more practise with fingerstyle bass.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Last edited by HeavyReverb at Aug 12, 2010,
I use guitar style ones, made by Gear4Music (a pick is a pick right?) because they are very cheap and I lose them a lot, but I can't stand using thick picks, I use 0.81mm. I also have a triangular shaped carbon fibre 0.96mm, which is quite cool but kind of uncomfortable.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dunlop Jazz III
Big Stubby
Heavy Sharkfin

on Guitar I use Dunlop Nylon 0.6 (I think, I'm not sure. I'll have a check later on) and Light Sharkfins
Last edited by Negociator at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by the_perdestrian
the amount of Jazz III users is interesting.

thats because theyre awesome.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
big stubby 3mm
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Banjocal
thats because theyre awesome.

Agreed. They only fail on acoustic guitars
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Triangle Dunlop Tortex 1.15mm.

I loove the triangle, cause I hold the pick with two fingers instead of one and I like the extra room.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I use them when my band does Amon Amarth covers as I can't finger pick the fast tremolo parts lol. But I use Jazz III's.
I like the triangle picks. I use Fender Mediums (not sure what the gauge is on those) and I also have some Clayton .80 picks.

I used to primarily be a fingerstyle player, but I started with thicker 2mm picks (which I hated, Im not sure how anyone uses the thicker picks properly, I can't maintain speed with them).