Hi.
I am looking to buy these fuzz pedal (the one matt bellamy uses) but the issue is when I have tried looking for this pedal, there are two variations. Here are the two pedals I found:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14641-z-vex-vexter-fuzz-factory.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

and

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/14628-z-vex-fuzz-factory.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

Could you tell what the difference between these two pedals are? Are they similar in sound quality?
Thanks.
Jack.
The Vexter one isn't hand painted and I'm pretty sure someone other than Zach Vex put it together, but other than that they're about the same, I think. There could be some differences in part quality too though.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
The Vexter one isn't hand painted and I'm pretty sure someone other than Zach Vex put it together, but other than that they're about the same, I think. There could be some differences in part quality too though.

Would you say the more expensive pedal is worth getting despite the price difference?
Thanks.
I've never heard a side by side of the two, but I'd take the Vexter if those were my options. I'd also look at some other fuzzes, keep in mind that Bellamy's tone is not just Fuzz Factory, it's Fuzz Factory -> $4K Diezel amp, so you're still probably not gonna be able to nail the tone, but I digress. Check out other pedals before you get the one he has, I was in the same boat. Muse owns (Except for that last album )

Quote by bogg808

Quote by jacko_17
Would you say the more expensive pedal is worth getting despite the price difference?
Thanks.

In a word, No.

Unless you're a stickler for paintjobs (and even then) the full priced more expensive one isn't worth the price tag.

That being said, I hope you can try this pedal out before you buy it, because from my understanding it's got a learning curve when it comes to getting good/usable sounds. I don't listen to muse enough to really comment on bellamy, but i imagine he's had lots of time to get it sounding good.
^If I remember right it's built into his Manson (that thing has like 4 pedals built into it, I pity his tech), so he doesn't have to deal with the whole "shift one knob and it sounds like hell" issue that everyone complains about.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
I've never heard a side by side of the two, but I'd take the Vexter if those were my options. I'd also look at some other fuzzes, keep in mind that Bellamy's tone is not just Fuzz Factory, it's Fuzz Factory -> $4K Diezel amp, so you're still probably not gonna be able to nail the tone, but I digress. Check out other pedals before you get the one he has, I was in the same boat. Muse owns (Except for that last album )

Cheers for the advice!!

Which fuzz/distortion pedals would you recommend, not really much of a budget, just want quality!!
Thanks.
Which of his tones do you want? Are we talking New Born or Supermassive Black Hole? ect.

EDIT: For starters, check out these two:
Malekko Fuzz - A personal favorite, but I've never gotten my hands on one

Way Huge Swollen Pickle - I've gotten pretty decent Muse-y tones, but it takes a good bit of fiddling, I really prefer this one more for bass (think Time is Running Out)

Also look at Devi Ever's line up, I would be more specific but my favorite fuzz of hers is the US Fuzz, and it's decay is really short, so not very good for Muse. But I haven't explored much of the rest of their range. I'll try and post some more options in a sec.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Aug 12, 2010,
With the exception of Guiding Light, it was that bad.

Quote by bogg808

Check out "The Judge", Will Sledge's fuzz factory clone. It's only $110. that's $70 cheaper than the Vexter version.

http://willsledgefx.com/judge.html
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 12, 2010,
I bet Mr. Vex is not very happy about that. ^^^ Hahahha

Quote by bogg808

Actually the Hand painted FF also comes with a lifetime warranty whereas the vexter does not.
i have one of will sledge's the judge. guy doesn't have much of a personality but he gets your shit to you and it sounds good.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ