Hi, I have a Floyd Rose 1000 series tremolo on my Ltd MH 1000. I'm having a problem where when I dive or pull it up, the tuning goes either a little sharp or flat. Not by a lot but noticeable. I asked my local music shop where I bought it and they said its normal and it shouldn't have any problems because its only a little over a year old. I have bought a Tremol-no to fix it in the mean time but i am starting to want to use my bar again. I was thinking about bringing it to guitar center but i decided to ask this helpful community first. Thanks!
ESP/LTD: MH-1000FR
Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra II (JB/Jazz)
Squire: Modded HSS Strat
Fractal Audio: Axe Fx II (checking store every 2 minuets)
Atomic: Reactor FR
Line 6: UX1
Roland: TD-3KW
It could be one of 5 things.
1. Nut not tightened enough.
2. Locking nut clamps have grooves worn in them.
3. Locking nut has grooves worn in.
4. Knife edges on trem base-plate worn or dented.
5. Pivoting studs for trem are worn.

Take a look at all those areas and get back to us.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
make sure the nuts at the top are tightened really tight, if thats not it check the trem and see if the screws that hold the string are realy tight
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
try oiling the knife edges with light machine oil, or atleast cleaning the knife edges, the fact that the shop said it was fine and to be expected is BS it varies from player to player and guitar to guitar
Quote by 100%
make sure the nuts at the top are tightened really tight, if thats not it check the trem and see if the screws that hold the string are really tight

Everything is very tight and sure that its not slipping. I notice that when using the Floyd it kinda (sticks) to a position whether I pull or dive. The guy at my local music shop says when using it I need to pop it back in place when using it, but I don't think that's necessary. As for the Floyd wearing, I treat it like a baby and barely ever use it. Its also just a little over a year old.
ESP/LTD: MH-1000FR
Epiphone: Les Paul Ultra II (JB/Jazz)
Squire: Modded HSS Strat
Fractal Audio: Axe Fx II (checking store every 2 minuets)
Atomic: Reactor FR
Line 6: UX1
Roland: TD-3KW