I have a Japanese Squier Stratocaster and have a few questions about where two of the wires go.

1. there is a gray wire that contains a white wire and a shielding wire. One end of the white wire is soldered to the middle terminal of the volume control pot and the shielding wire is soldered to the body of the volume control pot.
a. where does the other end of the white wire go?
b. where does the other end of the shielding wire go?

2. The other wire is a black wire that is soldered to the body of the volume control pot. Other wires soldered at the same spot connect the volume control pot to the two tone control pots.
a. where does the other end of the black wire go? (I have the impression that this black wire is soldered at two different points because there is about 3 or 4 inches of the insulation stripped away)

I think that the white wire goes to the sleeve and the black wire to the tip of the output jack ? Is that correct ? If so where does the shield wire of the white wire go? And is the black wire soldered at two different places?

This must be easy for someone who knows. Thanks in advance for any help.
1a- the tip of the jack, so you almost got it

1b- the sleeve of the jack

2a- with no pictures or further information it's hard to say, but I'm assuming this is a bridge ground wire. the wire goes through a hole in the body and comes out underneath the bridge

3- use the wiring thread next time (theres a link in my sig, and in the main GB&C links thread)

James4:

Thanks for the info. I put it all together as you said with the black wire to bridge ground and it worked fine.

Sorry about the location of the post. Didn't know there was a wiring thread. First time here.