Brothers In Arms (in my style)

I'm not sure why but many people say when they hear me play live that i sound like Mark knopfler. I can't see it, although he's a great insperation. that’s why i made this track, moving away from the original sound, and just playing freely as i would when i practice. No disrespect intended on the original magical song.

Don't take this too seriously

See profile for song. if you have time all comments welcome.
So far, my only real honest criticism is that your vibrato generally seems way too fast and wide (and i would've liked to hear a bit more improvisation, but that's just me. then again, the vibrato thing's kind of a matter of opinion too).

But otherwise, rad stuff *thumbs up* I love Knopfler's style too, so unique.
Last edited by pete-c at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by pete-c
Sounds cool, i'll check it out, one sec.

Thats a really good observation! I'm using a vox valvetronix, when i started the song i quickly noticed the sound was fading far too quickly due to noise reduction, on the preset i chose.

You can hear this on the early pinched harmonic. It fades so quickly.

It was a fight to heep the sound going lol
Last edited by The Thresher at Aug 12, 2010,
I dislike the tone, way too heavy for this song...
The shred was a bit too crazy for this song sorry buddy...
If you wanted to play so heavy you probably should have picked a different track to jam with.
The playing however is awesome!

C4C my Beast and the Harlot cover?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349957
Quote by hawk_kst
I dislike the tone, way too heavy for this song...
The shred was a bit too crazy for this song sorry buddy...
If you wanted to play so heavy you probably should have picked a different track to jam with.
The playing however is awesome!

C4C my Beast and the Harlot cover?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349957

Thanks for the comment,. and i think your right! It was just to prove a point to friends,

However if people are interested i will play this again exactly as it is ment to be.