hey guys, need some help here, i've been playing with an old telecaster for 2 years, and i want to get a new one, but i've only got $500. So wahat should i get?
Well you can always go into a guitar store, play something and decide by yourself.
Quote by santi029
hey guys, need some help here, i've been playing with an old telecaster for 2 years, and i want to get a new one, but i've only got $500. So wahat should i get?

Go to a forest, chop some wood and make a guitar.

Srsly. Why do you even bother making a thread if you don't read the rules?
sorry, seems like i want a new tele, i'm looking for something else, a 2 humbuckers guitar, no trem, pretty basic and classic, but i don't wanna buy anything shitty, i've heard good stuff of cort guitars
There was a famous type of guitar which a few people played, I can't quite remember its name but i believe it had 2 humbuckers and no tremolo and has been around since the fifties so i believe its pretty classic. I think it was called a Ned Paul or something like that.
Quote by santi029
sorry, seems like i want a new tele, i'm looking for something else, a 2 humbuckers guitar, no trem, pretty basic and classic, but i don't wanna buy anything shitty, i've heard good stuff of cort guitars

Quote by Deadlock Riff

what genre?

And then people bitch about how some posts "aren't helpful" when they ask for help.

Quote by TheEvilGod
I think you should try some schecters

Why? He said he wanted something classic.

I say if he wants classics get a Les Paul or MIM Strat (as that would be in his budget), hell get a preowned charvel
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by RetroGunslinger
There was a famous type of guitar which a few people played, I can't quite remember its name but i believe it had 2 humbuckers and no tremolo and has been around since the fifties so i believe its pretty classic. I think it was called a Ned Paul or something like that.

if you were trying to be funny, . if you were being serious,

Try an epiphone les paul or sg.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Last edited by OliOsbourne at Aug 12, 2010,
get an epi les paul standard. save an extra $50 and get a plus top they are way better looking and you get more complements. and the pickups are very nice sounding. nice and trebley.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Electro Harmonix Pocket Metal Muff
Digitech Bad Monkey
Blackstar HT Club 40

Ratt 'N Roll FOREVER!!!!!!
Gibson Melody Maker.

Classic.....A Gibson.....and although its a single coil, it should do the trick

I dont know if were allowed to post links to utube vids, but enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4fo4eQkBA
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Aug 12, 2010,
Wait a second, you said you have an old Telecaster, but you want a new one? I fail to see the point of getting a new, exact same guitar.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Quote by TheEvilGod

Seriously though you could go to rondomusics site and look at agiles i guess

Decent quality lp copys and others
for 500 you could easily get a gibson faded SG. pretty classic IMO. you could get one badass Agile., i haven't played one but i hear they are great for the money.
I would suggest an agile les paul, they do play nice. Also try some lower priced Ltd's, Schecter, epiphone or ibanez. They all make amazing guitars for under 500. Just go to you local guitar center and play anything you can afford till u play one and it feels and sounds right. And the cort guitars you said are extremely good guitars as well.
Quote by TheEvilGod

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by santi029

Get something more radical like a Charvel styled after a Tele. It's will give you more of an edge and wider variety of tonal capabilities.
http://www.charvel-parts.com