so i've come up with the idea of a pedal that is like a wah pedal but when you turn it now you get a clean tone but the more you turn it up you start getting more and more distortion.

i don't know if there is something like this out there if so could someone point me in the right direction to find it?
Sounds like if you ran a volume pedal into a distortion pedal.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Not all in one unit, I don't think. Maybe in a Digitech Expression factory pedal but don't quote me on that. I remember knowing a guy that had one once and I think he had some distortion going but he may have had two pedals.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Doesn't the TC Electronic Nova Drive have a feature like that? That's what the expression pedal is for, right?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Sort of like a Gig-FX VOD but actually using a the pot to control the gain knob? I'm sure there's a pedal out there with an expression out... I know with the M9/M13 I was able to assign an expression pedal to the gain control of a distortion effect, so that would do what you want.

I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives though...
That would be pretty cool. It could be the Kirk Hammet signature. Just cram a Tube Screamer and Wah into one pedal.

That would actually be pretty sick.
Rehouse a distortion in a wah shell if you want. Put the volume and tone knobs on the side and the gain pot where the wah pot would normally. There's also an expression pedal you can use with any knob you want but it's expensive and I can't remember what it's called right now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Kind of like a distortion pedal but with the "gain" potentiometer in a expression pedal casing so that you can control the gain... Is that what you mean?

EDIT: It wouldn't be hard to do. All you have to do is drill some holes and solder some wires.
Last edited by salgala2000 at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
Rehouse a distortion in a wah shell if you want. Put the volume and tone knobs on the side and the gain pot where the wah pot would normally. There's also an expression pedal you can use with any knob you want but it's expensive and I can't remember what it's called right now.

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/xprnped.htm

??
i'm to good on the techy stuff but my idea would be the imagae of a wah pedal. but it controls the amount of distortion you have. instead of wel being a wah pedal.
I've programmed my effects processor to do just that. On several settings. I use it a lot.
Equipment:
---Ibanez RG5EX1 & Montage
---DigiTech RP250 & Jamman Stereo
---Stagg S300 (The 'S' is for Sucks)
---Yamaha G-55A

Please view my deviantArt page.
I have some pictures of a few of my guitars.
Quote by josephde

Nah. Just rehouse the whole thing in a wah shell. Uses less space. You can't really do it if the boards too big like in some pedals though. Your average Tubescreamer, Rat, DS-1, etc. will all fit nicely. You'll have to get a 24mm pot to replace the mini ones or PCB mount ones though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Couldn't you get the same effect by just using a volume pedal in front of your amp? Added benefit of using the amp's distortion.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Duh... just use the Gain knob or the volume knob in your guitar. Easy. No purchase.

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Quote by Damaged Roses
Duh... just use the Gain knob or the volume knob in your guitar. Easy. No purchase.
If you can do that while you're playing a blazing lick, hats off to you.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by mmolteratx

The Third Hand. It's pretty useless. Unless you are really dedicated to using one pedal all the time and on different settings.

Kanthras: It's not that hard. I mess with the gain knob on my OD all the time during solos at gigs.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by Eternal Flame
go for an envelope filter pedal and u can do stuff like that

An envelope filter is basically just an auto-wah controlled by the input from the guitar, totally different to what TS is describing.

third hand is what you're lookin for, bro.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by salgala2000
Kind of like a distortion pedal but with the "gain" potentiometer in a expression pedal casing so that you can control the gain... Is that what you mean?

EDIT: It wouldn't be hard to do. All you have to do is drill some holes and solder some wires.

This. I've seen a few custom built versions, but nothing production line. for what it's worth, I've always heard it reffered to as a "ramp"