I know theres a lot of mods out there, especially for the pedal that I want to mod, the RAT. But what if I have something in my head, something new and different from the available mods out there?

Know any place that take mod requests? I've asked Keeley and Vodka and waiting for their responses. However, I also want more options to shop around too so please, any more suggestions?

------------------

Here's my idea:

I have a You Dirty RAT pedal and I want a few things done to it...

1.) Better bass response and presence. Guessing, upgrading and adding caps? FYI, I like a tight clean bass.

2.) 3-way switch. I want to be able to switch from Germanium-Left / Silicone-Middle / LED-Right; however, I want it to be only 1 diode each, not the usual 2 diodes.

3.) I want an ON/ON footswitch, replacing the regular ON/OFF switch . The first ON will be the pedal running through 1 diode as explained above. The second ON will be the pedal running through 2 diodes, 1 diode as explained above and the 2nd diode being silicone. Can there also be a volume boost added too? I want to compensate for any volume loss from the 2nd diode and on top of that, a little more volume too. Think of it as an "overdrive" mode.

4.) I want an on-off power switch on the side of the pedal, the switch pointing towards the ceiling as ON, making it easy to turn OFF by flicking it with my foot.

I know this is very confusing but I think you'll understand if you reread. Also, here's a diagram to help. Sorry for poor drawing skills

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7171/triplerat.jpg

I would get a Deucetone RAT but I have a few reasons against it. 1.) Size, 2.) I heard its hard to mod and I wish to upgrade and add caps for better bass, 3.) I prefer RATs with only 1 diode and if Deucetone RATs are hard to mod, I don't know if I could snip these diodes off, 4.) I really like my +1 diode switch idea, 5.) Having the Deucetone or 2 RAT pedals would imply having 2 on-amp chips running at once, or more footwork on turning one on and the other off, or swapping out pedals (i like shortest signal path possible), and I rather have a selection of different diodes but only 1 on-amp chip running - assuming this will be less noisy and finicky with volume- all available and easily within 1 pedal, and 6.) The RAT pedal that I have has personal value... its my first pedal ever and if I bought a Deucetone, its in my nature to sell any obsolete equipment via Craigslist. No keepsakes here. I rather keep my first pedal then replace it with a Deucetone (that may also be Made in China too?)
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
Quote by salgala2000
If you want to pay shipping some guys on here may do it for you...

Yes, I am willing to pay shipping both ways and labor. I want the mod to be done on my pedal, not on a new RAT pedal too.

I wonder which guys would be willing to help. I'm not too familiar of this UG forum. I'll snoop around and see who's the big guns round these parts lol.
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

Electronics:
forsaknazrael
CECamps
kurtlives91
losenger
mr_hankey
DLrocket89

Wiring:
asfastasdark
wiliscool
CorduroyEW
zakkwyldefan79
james4

copied from GB&C who to listen to list... Also Invader Jim should be on there. I think he's proved he's more than capable but he's a mod so he's not on the list. Oh and SomeoneYouKnew
Quote by salgala2000
Electronics:
forsaknazrael
CECamps
kurtlives91
losenger
mr_hankey
DLrocket89

Wiring:
asfastasdark
wiliscool
CorduroyEW
zakkwyldefan79
james4

copied from GB&C who to listen to list... Also Invader Jim should be on there. I think he's proved he's more than capable but he's a mod so he's not on the list. Oh and SomeoneYouKnew

Thank you very much. Thats exactly what I needed. And Invader Jim huh? Thats kool. He helped me put a new longer lead wire on a Duncan PG once since the lead was too short for installing. Awesome... maybe I should bother him again lol...
Quote by racman92

germanium, silicone, led?

Im no pedal maker or go to go on electronics but that just doesnt make any sense to me

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
germanium, silicone, led?

Im no pedal maker or go to go on electronics but that just doesnt make any sense to me

he want to use them for the clipping. One at a time though. The forward voltage of the three types of diodes are different, and as such produce different sounds.

If you decide you want someone to do this for you, and you don't want to do it yourself, I would be more than happy to do the mods for you.
Quote by XgamerGt04
he want to use them for the clipping. One at a time though. The forward voltage of the three types of diodes are different, and as such produce different sounds.

If you decide you want someone to do this for you, and you don't want to do it yourself, I would be more than happy to do the mods for you.

Really? Awesome. Yah, I only know how to solder pickups but thats relatively easy... once it comes to like circuit boards and all that stuff... i don't have a clue.

I'll send you a PM
Quote by racman92