So just went to guitar center and played some really great pieces of equipment, heres my reviews, prices, and my rating out of ten and tell me what you think. Also ask about a specific item and ill try to go more in depth for you.

Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom(Silverburst)- $699.99- 9 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-106070139-i1168180.gc
-I was quite surprised with this guitar. I always wanted to try it because the looks and the price, but the sound really blew me away. It gave off that nice Les Paul tone that i personally think could compete with a Gibson. The playability was also great. The body had a real Les Paul feel but wasnt to unbearably heavy and also had a great and fast playing neck. Personally i think this guitar is great and id buy it if i didn't want a floyd rose bridge. Came with a free hard case too at my guitar center so thats a plus.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Electric Guitar- $549.99- 7 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top-Electric-Guitar-102040508-i1149990.gc
-My girlfriend and i both played this guitar and it didnt really appeal to either of us. It really looked great and a good deal but i think it could have sounded better. It didnt have that rich tone or feel of a les paul. I put it down almost immediately after playing it. Granted i will say its a decent guitar, but for the price you could find much better.

Dean Vendetta 1 Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose- $299.99- 2 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-515822-i1389427.gc
-I picked this guitar up because i like deans and it had a floyd at a reasonable price. The feel of it was really nice and this could have been one of those awesome and cheap guitars. The problem was there was fret buzz down the whole neck. It was practically unplayable. Maybe after a good professional setup this could be a great guitar but i was unable to test it. If you have played or own this guitar without any problems please post you review of it.

Ibanez GRGA32T Electric Guitar- 299.99- 8.75 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRGA32T-Electric-Guitar-105805717-i1499741.gc
-This is probably one of the best guitars you can find for under $300. It was my girlfriends personal favorite of the day. Great feel and playability which is common on an ibanez. For the price id give it a 10 out of 10 so for a beginner guitarist this guitar is perfect. Had great tone and sustain which you get from the mahogany body. Great starter guitar and could compete with many top end guitars if it maybe had active emg's or seymour duncan active blackouts. All around just a wonderful guitar.

Ibanez Steve Vai JEM505 Electric Guitar- used:$1199.99, New: 1499.99- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Steve-Vai-JEM505-Electric-Guitar-423742-i1521019.gc
-My girlfriends dad found this gem of a guitar in the used section for $1199.99 and it was freaking amazing. Hes been playing for 40 years and made this guitar sound DIVINE. Theres a reason it is replicated from one of the best guitarist ever. The neck is crazy fast and the tone suitable for any genre. It literally blew my mind just listening to it. Also has a unique floyd rose style tremelo for extra versatility. It tied for the best guitar of the day to me.

Schecter Guitar Research Synyster Custom Electric Guitar- $999.99- 9.75 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar-103945705-i1169285.gc
-My friend who is an amazing guitarist owns this guitar so i decided to try it. While playing i realized that this guitar was just siiiiiccck, i mean the sound that came out of it was unbelievable. Im not the most experienced player in the world, but this guitar heightened my capabilities to where i didn't think was possible. The neck was smooth as ice and the frets had awesome spacing. The sound on it was as good as it gets it also has the looks. The design is anything but ordinary and the fretboard beautifully demonic looking avenged sevenfold inlays.

Schecter Guitar Research Damien 6 FR Electric Guitar- $449.99- 8.5 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-6-FR-Electric-Guitar-103125423-i1147996.gc
-So i went into guitar center looking for the damien elite Fr but i only found this version so i decided to play it. The difference in this one is that it doesn't have EMG active pickups( it has EMG Hz's), no quilted maple top, and different inlays. It was a really good indication of what the elite will sound like. I really liked the guitar becuase even with he passive pickups it had a nice crunch to it and a full bight sound. It was very easy to play up and down the neck with accessibility to every fret. The only issue was the inlays are hard to see if thats what you look at while you play. Overall though it was very nice and gets me extremely excited to try the elite version.

ESP LTD MH-1000 FR With EMG Pickups- $799.99- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-1000-FR-With-EMG-Pickups-758222-i1175986.gc
-This is the other guitar than i consider to be the best of the day. I just plugged it in and did a volume check by picking the low e sting then just stared at the amp and said Holy s***. No guitar has ever given me that reaction before. The crunch and sustain hat the Active EMG humbuckers gave it was out of this world in compliment to the mahogany body and quilted maple top. I started playing it and instantly loved it. neck felt amazing, floyd rose was great, awesome fret spacing. Was just about everything i wanted in a guitar just better. I would recommend this to anyone who can afford it.

ESP Standard Series Eclipse II- $1499.99- 7.5 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-Standard-Series-Eclipse-II-516653-i1149019.gc
-I walked into the vault with all the super expensive equipment and saw this guitar so i decided to play it. It looked beautiful as can be but a couple seconds in to playing i realized it should be nowhere near its price and not located in the vault. The guitar didnt give out a bad tone or anything, just nothing special. For having active EMG's, there was absolutely no crunch in the guitar. I didnt come close to the $700 epiphone les paul custom. The was just no way i could justify a mediocre sounding guitar costing $1500 dollars. For that price You could find a guitar about ten times better.

Taylor GA6-12 12-String Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar- $2349.00- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor-GA6-12-12-String-Grand-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar-517604-i1175329.gc
-My girlfriends dad has been playing this guitar every time he walks into guitar center for he past 2 years. If it wasn't for the fact that he has to save up for it, he would own it by now. Out of 40 years of playing, this is the most beautiful sounding acoustic hes ever played. I was listening to him play and was in awwe of the amazing Taylor tone. It was actually a bit hypnotizing. The only way this guitar can be appreciated is listening to it so do yourself a favor and go play one.

I also tried a few amps but an extensive amp review is due to come. Thanks for reading!!!!

P.S. To all the people that keep putting down this review and complaining about the section its in, i just ask you please read this for what it is, as a way to inform people that may have questions about the guitars i reviewed and stop trying to put it down. And the reason its not under the reviews section is its easier to review many guitars at once like this.
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at Aug 12, 2010,
Whoa since when does the Jem 505 have the Edge bridge?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Pat_s1t
**** yeah for the MH, I have the non-trem version and it is amazing.

To be honest, i wanted to run out of the store with that thing
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
To be honest, i wanted to run out of the store with that thing
Totally man, they're definitely professional grade gear for a great price. A friend of mine toured all of North America alongside Kreator and Exodus last year using his MH-1000, with an RG as a backup. Never had to use his backup once (unless he wanted to), and the Floyd stayed in such good condition that his guitar tech never touched it other than to change strings and things like that.

I got mine on sale too for only $500 dollars, in the Desert Brown Sunburst finish. When it's all clean and in good lighting, the wood pretty much radiates light, and actually has depth depending on the viewing angle. Basically had an orgasm in the car while taking it home.
I like how you come to this part of the forums and its fine here.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Doesn't the Les Paul custom and standard use the same pickups? Was the sound bad on the standard because they didn't give it a proper setup?
Quote by polishedbullet
I don't know so much about your Syn Custom review. From 2 people I know that have Invader pups on their guitar, they say the clean tone sucks.

i only played in overdrive becuase i play rock and metel so i dont know about the cleans but the rock sound was very nice.
Quote by sealtain
Doesn't the Les Paul custom and standard use the same pickups? Was the sound bad on the standard because they didn't give it a proper setup?

The standard has different pickups but the custom just felt nicer and gave off a really superior one to the standard.
Quote by diceksox1809
I like how you come to this part of the forums and its fine here.

people are so nice here lol
Did you play through the same amp with all the guitars?
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless
Did you play through the same amp with all the guitars?

Yes, im most familiar with the peavy vyper so i use the vyper 75 on all of them.
yeah. we're all a bunch of pricks over at GG&A. Have to say I agree with the review on the Dean. Most Deans I don't like in the first place but.... total shenanigans, that guitar.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Guitar2theface

since the beginning lol

Nice reviews,I like you,honest and unbiased
Assuming you're not tone deaf, it was probably a set-up issue or a dead battery on the Eclipse.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Guitar2theface

seeing as the 505 is new for 2010 and it`s a prestige signature model, it`s going to have a edge trem, you are probably confusing it with the 555 which still has a edge 3.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
The standard has different pickups but the custom just felt nicer and gave off a really superior one to the standard.

Dude Epiphone LPs all share the same pickup. I get you love the Custom but jeez man, it's making you hear things!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
They're the exact same guitar. The Custom just costs more because of the gold-coloured hardware (which rubs to bare zinc/brass anyway within a couple of months). The wood, construction, hardware and electronics in both guitars are exactly the same.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
They're the exact same guitar. The Custom just costs more because of the gold-coloured hardware (which rubs to bare zinc/brass anyway within a couple of months). The wood, construction, hardware and electronics in both guitars are exactly the same.

This
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
a more useful thread title might be "my epi/ibanez/etc.. reviews" for future resource
"take him to the kennel, sick the dogs on his ass. we'll find out for god damn sure what he knows and what he don't."
Quote by MrFlibble

The custom has an alder top, not flamed maple like the standard, so they are different.
And it was the first time i played either guitar so its not biased, just the standard seemed kind of dead while he custom gave off a much brighter sound. Could have quite possibly been the setup but i couldnt be sure.
Quote by Green_Jelly
Assuming you're not tone deaf, it was probably a set-up issue or a dead battery on the Eclipse.

I was thinking i was hearing things since it was the last guitar of the day i played too, so i got my girlfriend and her dad to listen, and the both said it sounds like the epiphone standard les paul at best. I personally hope it was the batterys, because ive never heard a guitar with active emg's sound like that. I had really high hopes for this guitar since i love esp but the bland tone was terrible. I must say, if it was the batterys, and this guitar actually does sound like it has actives, then it would be amazing becuase it is beautiful in white and the playability is amazinggg.
I found the reviews quite useful because it shows how the Vypyr reacts differently to those guitars. Did the actives sound good?
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by spacec0wboy
I found the reviews quite useful because it shows how the Vypyr reacts differently to those guitars. Did the actives sound good?

The active emg 81/85 in the ltd sounded like a demon screaming. It was really vicious. And i quote "i looked at the amp and said HOLY S***" after plucking the e string as a sound check lmfao. So yes, actives sounded VERY good!
ITT: Novice guitarist reviews unreliably set-up equipment at Guitar Center.

I'm glad you got to try stuff out but really I've played $200 guitars at Guitar Center that played better than $2400 JEM's just because the guys there put a guitar out on the floor with an OK-at-best setup and leave it there for a year and by that point it's almost unplayable because of all of the noobs and d-bag schecter fanboys who play it and screw with it.

Also, your reviews are hardly in-depth. Just sayin'.
Quote by Pac_man0123

I'm glad you got to try stuff out but really I've played $200 guitars at Guitar Center that played better than $2400 JEM's just because the guys there put a guitar out on the floor with an OK-at-best setup and leave it there for a year and by that point it's almost unplayable because of all of the noobs and d-bag schecter fanboys who play it and screw with it.

Also, your reviews are hardly in-depth. Just sayin'.

thats why i said ill put a better review of certain guitars if asked.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I saw an Epiphone LP get a 9/10 and facepalmed, job done.

Quote by -Kr0n1c-
The custom has an alder top, not flamed maple like the standard, so they are different.
And it was the first time i played either guitar so its not biased, just the standard seemed kind of dead while he custom gave off a much brighter sound. Could have quite possibly been the setup but i couldnt be sure.
I don't know where you got these ideas from, but Epiphones haven't been made like that for many years now. No Epiphone above the Studio model has used alder in its construction since 2003 (maybe 2002, not entirely sure), and the Custom certainly never was one of the ones that did, although many years back Epi Customs were made with mahogany tops. Also, the Standard doesn't have a flame maple top; the Standard Plus Top has a flame maple veneer, but the carved tops of all Standards (and Customs) are rock maple.

Plus, even if the Custom did have an alder top (which has never happened) and the Standard had a solid flame top (which again has never happened) then that wouldn't support the Custom being brighter-toned, as flame maple is a much brighter-toned wood than alder is.

I (we) appreciate the effort, but trust us on this one, that Custom and Standard are made using the exact same materials and parts and neither has any alder in them. Any extra brightness you may have perceived will have come from the guitar having the pickups at a lower height or a change in the amp. The guitars are, fundamentally, exactly the same and have been this way for several years now.

Also, it's not surprise that the Eclipse sounded dull if you were playing through a Vyper 75. Vypers are decent enough practise amps but an ESP Standard Series guitar, let alone one with active pickups, deserves a professional quality amplifier. Not just that but you really have to know what you're doing to get the best tone out of any active pickups.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by MrFlibble
I saw an Epiphone LP get a 9/10 and facepalmed, job done.

I don't know where you got these ideas from, but Epiphones haven't been made like that for many years now. No Epiphone above the Studio model has used alder in its construction since 2003 (maybe 2002, not entirely sure), and the Custom certainly never was one of the ones that did, although many years back Epi Customs were made with mahogany tops. Also, the Standard doesn't have a flame maple top; the Standard Plus Top has a flame maple veneer, but the carved tops of all Standards (and Customs) are rock maple.

Plus, even if the Custom did have an alder top (which has never happened) and the Standard had a solid flame top (which again has never happened) then that wouldn't support the Custom being brighter-toned, as flame maple is a much brighter-toned wood than alder is.

I (we) appreciate the effort, but trust us on this one, that Custom and Standard are made using the exact same materials and parts and neither has any alder in them. Any extra brightness you may have perceived will have come from the guitar having the pickups at a lower height or a change in the amp. The guitars are, fundamentally, exactly the same and have been this way for several years now.

Also, it's not surprise that the Eclipse sounded dull if you were playing through a Vyper 75. Vypers are decent enough practise amps but an ESP Standard Series guitar, let alone one with active pickups, deserves a professional quality amplifier. Not just that but you really have to know what you're doing to get the best tone out of any active pickups.

i should have tried the eclipse on a better amp but i wanted to do everything on the same amp