Page 1 of 2
So just went to guitar center and played some really great pieces of equipment, heres my reviews, prices, and my rating out of ten and tell me what you think. Also ask about a specific item and ill try to go more in depth for you.

Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom(Silverburst)- $699.99- 9 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphon...139-i1168180.gc
-I was quite surprised with this guitar. I always wanted to try it because the looks and the price, but the sound really blew me away. It gave off that nice Les Paul tone that i personally think could compete with a Gibson. The playability was also great. The body had a real Les Paul feel but wasnt to unbearably heavy and also had a great and fast playing neck. Personally i think this guitar is great and id buy it if i didn't want a floyd rose bridge. Came with a free hard case too at my guitar center so thats a plus.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Electric Guitar- $549.99- 7 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphon...508-i1149990.gc
-My girlfriend and i both played this guitar and it didnt really appeal to either of us. It really looked great and a good deal but i think it could have sounded better. It didnt have that rich tone or feel of a les paul. I put it down almost immediately after playing it. Granted i will say its a decent guitar, but for the price you could find much better.

Dean Vendetta 1 Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose- $299.99- 2 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Ve...822-i1389427.gc
-I picked this guitar up because i like deans and it had a floyd at a reasonable price. The feel of it was really nice and this could have been one of those awesome and cheap guitars. The problem was there was fret buzz down the whole neck. It was practically unplayable. Maybe after a good professional setup this could be a great guitar but i was unable to test it. If you have played or own this guitar without any problems please post you review of it.

Ibanez GRGA32T Electric Guitar- 299.99- 8.75 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-...717-i1499741.gc
-This is probably one of the best guitars you can find for under $300. It was my girlfriends personal favorite of the day. Great feel and playability which is common on an ibanez. For the price id give it a 10 out of 10 so for a beginner guitarist this guitar is perfect. Had great tone and sustain which you get from the mahogany body. Great starter guitar and could compete with many top end guitars if it maybe had active emg's or seymour duncan active blackouts. All around just a wonderful guitar.

Ibanez Steve Vai JEM505 Electric Guitar- used:$1199.99, New: 1499.99- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-...742-i1521019.gc
-My girlfriends dad found this gem of a guitar in the used section for $1199.99 and it was freaking amazing. Hes been playing for 40 years and made this guitar sound DIVINE. Theres a reason it is replicated from one of the best guitarist ever. The neck is crazy fast and the tone suitable for any genre. It literally blew my mind just listening to it. Also has a unique floyd rose style tremelo for extra versatility. It tied for the best guitar of the day to me.

Schecter Guitar Research Synyster Custom Electric Guitar- $999.99- 9.75 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecte...705-i1169285.gc
-My friend who is an amazing guitarist owns this guitar so i decided to try it. While playing i realized that this guitar was just siiiiiccck, i mean the sound that came out of it was unbelievable. Im not the most experienced player in the world, but this guitar heightened my capabilities to where i didn't think was possible. The neck was smooth as ice and the frets had awesome spacing. The sound on it was as good as it gets it also has the looks. The design is anything but ordinary and the fretboard beautifully demonic looking avenged sevenfold inlays.

Schecter Guitar Research Damien 6 FR Electric Guitar- $449.99- 8.5 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecte...423-i1147996.gc
-So i went into guitar center looking for the damien elite Fr but i only found this version so i decided to play it. The difference in this one is that it doesn't have EMG active pickups( it has EMG Hz's), no quilted maple top, and different inlays. It was a really good indication of what the elite will sound like. I really liked the guitar becuase even with he passive pickups it had a nice crunch to it and a full bight sound. It was very easy to play up and down the neck with accessibility to every fret. The only issue was the inlays are hard to see if thats what you look at while you play. Overall though it was very nice and gets me extremely excited to try the elite version.

ESP LTD MH-1000 FR With EMG Pickups- $799.99- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD...222-i1175986.gc
-This is the other guitar than i consider to be the best of the day. I just plugged it in and did a volume check by picking the low e sting then just stared at the amp and said Holy s***. No guitar has ever given me that reaction before. The crunch and sustain hat the Active EMG humbuckers gave it was out of this world in compliment to the mahogany body and quilted maple top. I started playing it and instantly loved it. neck felt amazing, floyd rose was great, awesome fret spacing. Was just about everything i wanted in a guitar just better. I would recommend this to anyone who can afford it.

ESP Standard Series Eclipse II- $1499.99- 7.5 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-Sta...653-i1149019.gc
-I walked into the vault with all the super expensive equipment and saw this guitar so i decided to play it. It looked beautiful as can be but a couple seconds in to playing i realized it should be nowhere near its price and not located in the vault. The guitar didnt give out a bad tone or anything, just nothing special. For having active EMG's, there was absolutely no crunch in the guitar. I didnt come close to the $700 epiphone les paul custom. The was just no way i could justify a mediocre sounding guitar costing $1500 dollars. For that price You could find a guitar about ten times better.

Taylor GA6-12 12-String Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar- $2349.00- 10 out of 10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Taylor-...604-i1175329.gc
-My girlfriends dad has been playing this guitar every time he walks into guitar center for he past 2 years. If it wasn't for the fact that he has to save up for it, he would own it by now. Out of 40 years of playing, this is the most beautiful sounding acoustic hes ever played. I was listening to him play and was in awwe of the amazing Taylor tone. It was actually a bit hypnotizing. The only way this guitar can be appreciated is listening to it so do yourself a favor and go play one.

I also tried a few amps but an extensive amp review is due to come. Thanks for reading!!!!

P.S. To all the people that keep putting down this review and complaining about the section its in, i just ask you please read this for what it is, as a way to inform people that may have questions about the guitars i reviewed and stop trying to put it down. And the reason its not under the reviews section is its easier to review many guitars at once like this.
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at Aug 12, 2010,
tl;dr

There's a section of this site for reviews you know. Also, why the double post?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I liked how you didn't just stick with using 3 ratings for each one. But, for the record. x out of 10 means 10 is the highest
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
I liked how you didn't just stick with using 3 ratings for each one. But, for the record. x out of 10 means 10 is the highest

those guitars over 10 were pretty much divine and i didnt want to give them a ten cause every other guitar i couldnt justify putting over a 5 so i put them over 10 lol
Quote by seemeel
tl;dr

There's a section of this site for reviews you know. Also, why the double post?

i double post becuase ive had complaints about putting guitar stuff in the gear section and i think guitar should be considered gear, so i double post to avoid confusion
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Sooo...did ya actually buy anything, or did you just hang around all day pissin' off the people who work there?

i plan on buying a schecter damien elite fr in about 3 months so i went there to try it but they didnt have it so i wanted to try the other guitars. And im not a dick, so i go in there and play at a volume i can only really hear so i dont annoy the staff.
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
Ibanez Steve Vai JEM505 Electric Guitar- used:$1199.99, New: 1499.99- 11 out of 10

ESP LTD MH-1000 FR With EMG Pickups- $799.99- 11 out of 10

Taylor GA6-12 12-String Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar- $2349.00- 15 out of 10

What is this I don't even........
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Star ratings for guitars off the rack at guitar center are prety useless since the playability is all in the setup...
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Sooo...did ya actually buy anything, or did you just hang around all day pissin' off the people who work there?

Well that's what I do when I'm bored
"Wipe ur lip, I see some ass on there..."

"A guitar is only good in the hands of a good guitarist...unless it's a REALLY sexy guitar..."
Quote by gatechballer
What is this I don't even........

i made ratings higher than 10 just to make the guitars that were above and beyond the others stand out but i changed them to 10 so people stop complaining
Quote by coolstoryangus
Star ratings for guitars off the rack at guitar center are prety useless since the playability is all in the setup...

You can still tell the quality of any guitar by playing it as long as its functional
This thread confuses me. No two guitars are alike so guitar reviews are pretty much pointless. And this is GG&A not EG.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Reported for move.

EG will enjoy the Schecter and Epiphone reviews.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Reported for move.

EG will enjoy the Schecter and Epiphone reviews.

Should this be put under the review section?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I thought this was going to be amp reviews. Were you not going to GC to try out amps?

i was going for a guitar primarily and an amp secondary and there was great guitars but not a big selection of amps, only the like fender, peavy, marshall, voix, line 6, and bugeras. I tried the Bugera V55 55W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp and it was reeeally awesome. Extremely loud to, at 1 it was blasting way too loud for with people around. Sounded much better than my peavy though. Ill do an amp review when i go to the winter park guitar center.
Hasn't AM done this a bunch of times? Why is this guy getting crap and AM didn't?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!

Kidding, seriously. Cereal.

I too think that Schecters are the shiz-nizzle.

EDIT: ^ Dice, it's because AM was more respected because could actually buy all of those guitars, and knew quite a bit about them despite his playing ability.

I actually do agree with your review on the LTD TS, tried one out about a week ago and beat the shite out of several similarly priced guitars.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 12, 2010,
Quote by diceksox1809
Hasn't AM done this a bunch of times? Why is this guy getting crap and AM didn't?

Cause AM did it with amps for the most part. Amps are consistent and reviews of them are useful.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Cause AM did it with amps for the most part. Amps are consistent and reviews of them are useful.

I think that if he did a thread really similar to this, you guys would praise his reviews. I think this guys getting shit just cause you guys don't know him.

Im not trying to start beef, I dont want anyone pissed at me, Im just stating what I see.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by mmolteratx

also this.

Dice, some people here have earned the praise. Some people (like me, like TS, like... MATRICKS CLAW!) have not.
Quote by CL/\SH
also this.

Dice, some people here have earned the praise. Some people (like me, like TS, like... MATRICKS CLAW!) have not.

Is it bad that i dont know am? And thanks to the guys not being dicks for me posting what i honestly think of guitars i played.
Quote by CL/\SH
also this.

I understand this. But just like earlier with Rob. Since he has his own guitar company, should he be allowed to advertise it in these forums and nobody else can?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Well they weren't terribly in depth or well thought-out, so I dunno why you're getting so butthurt from criticism.

^ Report it?

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Well they weren't terribly in depth or well thought-out, so I dunno why you're getting so butthurt from criticism.

^ Report it?

thats why i told people to ask if they wanted a certain guitar more in depth, and criticism doesnt bother me, i just dont know why people feel the need to put it lol, stupid people.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

^ Report it?

Na I enjoy reading these kinds of threads. Im just sayin. Ima done here. Ive voiced my opinion. I respect all of yours, I hope you do the same with mine.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
Is it bad that i dont know am? And thanks to the guys not being dicks for me posting what i honestly think of guitars i played.

AcousticMirror. Min. AM. Diagrammatikis (spelling?)

all one in the same.

dice, if it bothers you report it like bubbs said.
Quote by CL/\SH
AcousticMirror. Min. AM. Diagrammatikis (spelling?)

all one in the same.

dice, if it bothers you report it like bubbs said.

It bothers me that people get mad when someone they don't know posts a thread like this but when someone they do know starts one, its perfectly okay.

As long as the thread has some sort of meaning to it, Im fine with it.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
-Kr0n1c-

Here's the thing and I have no personal beef with you as a person.

You created an amp thread last night and some of your posts in there came across as very trollish imo. I stuck it out and gave you advice anyway. You said you were going to Guitar Center to try out some amps (as I remembered it but I was also a bit drunk).

So when I saw your thread on GC reviews I assumed it was an update on amps. We talk about amps and such here. They talk about electric guitars in the Electric Guitar forum.

Then I could not make hide nor hare of your rating system, which is now bunko.

Then I realize you created the exact same thread in the Electric Guitar forum - which is against the rules.

We do talk about guitars here and usually try to help people out however, this is Guitar Gear and Accessories...Not Guitar, Gear, and Accessories. I believe this thread has already been reported so I'm not going to be a prick and report it again. The Mods have enough issues to deal with.

Personally, I think your reviews are fine outside of the messed up rating system.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
-Kr0n1c-

Here's the thing and I have no personal beef with you as a person.

You created an amp thread last night and some of your posts in there came across as very trollish imo. I stuck it out and gave you advice anyway. You said you were going to Guitar Center to try out some amps (as I remembered it but I was also a bit drunk).

So when I saw your thread on GC reviews I assumed it was an update on amps. We talk about amps and such here. They talk about electric guitars in the Electric Guitar forum.

Then I could not make hide nor hare of your rating system, which is now bunko.

Then I realize you created the exact same thread in the Electric Guitar forum - which is against the rules.

We do talk about guitars here and usually try to help people out however, this is Guitar Gear and Accessories...Not Guitar, Gear, and Accessories. I believe this thread has already been reported so I'm not going to be a prick and report it again. The Mods have enough issues to deal with.

Personally, I think your reviews are fine outside of the messed up rating system.

I don't mean to be a twat. But gregs (who we all know and love) posted a NGD (guitar) for his PRS and we didn't give him any schlock for it, because we (in GG&A) know that EG is full of... buffoons, to put it nicely. I think this guy deserves the same treatment, since he's trying to be sincere. But then again, gregs didn't double post so...

I do agree about the review bit. That was... shenanigans.
^again, I'm not saying people shouldn't post NGuitarDs or Guitar Reviews here. I'm not a mod either.

I was just giving him a little crap for not updating us on amps he may have tried and either way, posting the same thread in multiple forums is def against the rules.

agreed. yeah, he should definitely post some reviews for dose ampz he tried out...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

as far as I can tell, his 'Multi' thread of this one over in EG - no one has caught on to the dysfunctional rating system

You're talking about EG... They'll never catch on.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Because I didn't actually report him. I was just using it as an opportunity to make fun of EG.

^ who cares?
Quote by mmolteratx
You're talking about EG... They'll never catch on.

lol

EDIT:

^
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^again, I'm not saying people shouldn't post NGuitarDs or Guitar Reviews here. I'm not a mod either.

I was just giving him a little crap for not updating us on amps he may have tried and either way, posting the same thread in multiple forums is def against the rules.

Sorry if this thread may be in the wrong forum or what not. but i did 3 test threads on guitars, i posted them hear and in electric guitar to see the responses. if you didnt realize, i get 5 views and 3 responses in the electric guitar forum, here i get hundreds of people to view and around 40 responses.

Im just a 16 year old kid thats new to guitar and want to see if people agree with my reviews becuase i would like to know if im judging these guitars rite and here is where ill get the most input.

I was hoping that people here could just be mature and i would like the opinions of guitarist who know a significant amount more than me becuase im really just trying to expand my knowledge if thats okay with you guys.

So if you wanna report my thread for me trying to learn from the people in the guitar world that i am quite new to then so be it if thats the type of person you are.

if u feel like giving someone crap then please take it elsewhere, but if u wanna help with my knowledge on guitars then please post.

But thanks to the decent people who are giving decent input

p.s. i did state that i didnt post an amp review becuase i didnt like the selection that was at my guitar center.
Page 1 of 2