So none of these are cheap, but which offers more better features for their price?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-JEM77V-Steve-Vai-Signature-Electric-Guitar-515573-i1383773.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG4570Z-Prestige-Electric-Guitar-584130-i1499752.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-JEM7V-Steve-Vai-Signature-Electric-Guitar-103042180-i1150755.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGA420Z-Prestige-Electric-Guitar-584132-i1499756.gc

I know the 2 jems are basically the same minus pups, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what high end guitar us the most value for the cost out of these

which two would you say are most versatile, best overall, worst overall and most niched (only good for one thing)

Thanks

EDIT: if it helps I play metal, classic rock, hard rock, jazz, ska, and punk, in order from most played to least played
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Last edited by Metalmaker at Aug 12, 2010,
I'd say you're niched, if you're only considering Ibanez. Expand your mind!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Neither for that niche. Buy a j custom and save yourself like 700 bucks and end up getting a better constructed guitar
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
Neither for that niche. Buy a j custom and save yourself like 700 bucks and end up getting a better constructed guitar

This. The Jems are nice, as are the higher end Prestige guitars but the J Customs features and build quality are a step above along with being cheaper. Win-win IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Custom would be nice, but I haven't found too many brands custom or not that can do all I would like, that's why I was looking at ibanez's I love them and they tend to have what I want for relatively cheap

if you could post a link or more info on the aforementioned customs I would certainly look into them
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
the Vai models offer a handle, which is more useful than you may initially anticipate.
The Prestige that are over 2570 are rippoffs in pirce compared to the price of a J Custom of a great dealer
Quote by mmolteratx
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-J-Custom-RG8420ZD-OHSC-961-/200505088787?pt=Guitar

meestursparkle sells a bunch of them. Only down side is you have to order from a dealer in Japan.

Are you telling me this guy sells ibanez guitars that have been customized? Or what?
Is there a website or place to look at their options?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
No he sells Ibanez guitars from their Custom Shop. The ones made by guys who have worked on guitar for at least 15 years. best woods, best set ups.
You must understand my confusion....
I've seen things from ibanez saying they don't do customs, so how exacty does that guitar exist?

And is there a go-to place other than eBay?

Just some general info would nice, sorry for so many questions and for my ignorance, but thanks for giving me a new option
:-)
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Its part of line of Ibanez guitars in Japan. Its a step above prestige. Its hte models that are cream of the crop. You Can get custom guitars from the Japan custom shop, and even the USA custom shop(if you have the cash for both) but this provides a super nice alternative.

There are online sites but they still ship from japan because japan is the only place these suckers come from. Meestersparkule is the best guy to buy any japanese guitar from if you want it securely. He'll get it to you in like 3 days, insure, and pack it more than sufficiently to survive shipping over seas. he super responsive and is by far the best ebay seller i've dealt with
Quote by Metalmaker
You must understand my confusion....
I've seen things from ibanez saying they don't do customs, so how exacty does that guitar exist?

And is there a go-to place other than eBay?

Just some general info would nice, sorry for so many questions and for my ignorance, but thanks for giving me a new option
:-)

Its not really a custom build since your not designing but its higher end then prestige
Alright, this is good....

So are they still in production? Like do they still make j customs and if so what are other places or sellers I could check out?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Yes. Katana Guitars sells them, as do other Ebay sellers, but their prices will be around Meestersparkules price, but not include all the customer safety Meestersparukle does. Dont bother imo
One last thing, does ibanez still make j customs?

Thanks for everything :-)
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
yes they do. But only in Japan. When you buy them from a good dealer you get a certificate of authenticity which says the model and date it was produced
Thanks tons man, seeing as they are basically leftovers from japan, I take it they would be relatively rare and some kinda pricey, but thanks man seriously, you know your stuff and are kind enough to answer anyones questions no matter how annoying or constant, which means a lot, to me anyway, so thanks I appreciate it
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
They sell for way cheaper than the signature models and prestige's out there on the US market. They are by no means leftovers. they aren't rare per se.
Quote by mexican_shred
Its part of line of Ibanez guitars in Japan. Its a step above prestige. Its hte models that are cream of the crop. You Can get custom guitars from the Japan custom shop, and even the USA custom shop(if you have the cash for both) but this provides a super nice alternative.

And only if you're endorsed, you cant just order them. J-Customs arent actually customs like LACS are, its just a name (although they are the best guitars Ibanez make)
If you got the cash they will build it. The dude i worked for this past summer laid come pretty cash to buy one. Though i dunno why when you could just go to a custom luthier to make you the guitar you want...

What i meant by that is that without going to the extreme odds, J Customs provide the best for surprisingly a big bang for buck