I decided to start working on my Jackson Dinky, and one of the first things I was wanting to do was replace the cheap block in it. I ordered one through a guy on ebay, and will be getting it pretty soon. I have never messed with anything like this, so I don't know how to replace it. But I am willing to learn, and would like to.

I will take they guitar into my local shop to get new strings and be set up regardless if I change the block myself or not, so is it worth doing it myself? I didn't know how hard it would be to take the old block off, and I don't know how much my shop would charge to do change it. Looks for any advice, or tips on how to do it. Thanks.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
you have to remove all the saddles, you then unscrew the block from the base plate (usually three counter-sunk screws) and screw a new one on.
Obviously this throws your intonation out but if you're having the guitar shop do a set up this doesn't matter!
Ok, thanks. If it isn't too hard I will proably attempt to do it. I did a search for it before I posted, or else I would have posted in the Floyd Rose thread.
***Guitars***
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
I got my block and decided to do everything myself, (replacing block and strings) and there is a huge difference in the guitar! I sounds a lot better, but you hear the most change when playing clean. I recommend anybody who has a Floyd Rose guitar to check them out. I bought from a guy named Hoockey on ebay, real nice guy, great prices, and I had the block within a couple of days.

It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought changing the block. I talked to my local guitar shop and he told me that I would be paying around $60-$70 for it. Glad I did it my self. Now iff I could just get the bridge completely level with the guitar body...
***Guitars***
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
i used the Floyd Upgrades video on Youtube to do mine. He really knows his stuff, and it really isn't that hard to do. He did a 3 part video on it.
***Guitars***
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***