what motivates you to keep playing guitar and living life?

I need some motivation to keep playing guitar and living life, help would be cool,
All view points accepted.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Originally Posted by Sol9989:
I cum blood
never gonna give you up,
all fap together
to 2 girls 1 cup?
You're a bassist, well you're going to need extra motivation.
What about..

I actually have no idea, sorry TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Listen to Eye of the Tiger. Just do what YOU want, and have fun.
Smoke weed err'day.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Think Chicks!!!!!
Originally Posted by Landman
Traded a 1990 Calloway Driver for a 2001 Fender Bass

Quote by dubes216
WIN!!!!

Quote by FRr3AkOnALEaSh
You must of jizzed yourself knowing you made a deal like that ^.^
Ts its fine if you haven't been able to keep playing guitar. I haven't either, a break is always good. If you want to do something then do it.

If not now then when?
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
What motivates me to keep playing the guitar or any other instrument is the fact that every time I pick it up, something new, some new melody or riff that no one has ever heard before. Every time you pick up your instrument something new and exciting can happen. Thats why I keep playing.

As for life. Find things you like to do and pursue them, who cares what they are. Don't sweat the small sh*t and just have fun. Life's too short.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Well, when I am really demotivated at playing guitar I just thing about my goals as a guitarrist (becoming a teacher and be able to play whatever I want), after that, I picture myself while teaching someone or playing something really hard. Then I realize that only practicing hard, playing a lot and having fun with guitar will allow me to get closer to my goals.

Well, that motivates me quite much.

Never thought about applying that at life...

Well, if you don't have any goals in mind why would you even bother playing guitar.
Signatures are overrated.
Last edited by Darjoscn at Aug 12, 2010,
try playing different kinds of music, i never like playing until i learned metal
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Don't get stuck in a niche of just one genre. I started off playing punk then I moved to metal. Now I primarily play blues and I'm starting to get into jazz-fusion.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Think about what made you start playing in the first place, get back that initial feeling you had when you picked up a guitar for the first time.
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
You need a crutch to live life man. You need the love of a good woman, or good friends, an addiction, a place to be. I have my crutches, and I fall to pieces without them.
I keep playing guitar because, some day, I want to be a really amazing guitarists. If that's what you want for yourself, TS, that should be your motivation.

As for life, I'm not sure I can help you there.
Cheers guys, I feel i've gotten my motivation back. I had a Jazz Guitar lesson today, and my teacher put on this jazz fusion song, and it reminded me of progressive metal, really reminded me of between the buried and me. haha.

I think i'm gonna have a break and listen to music Jazz dubstep etc haha.

And the fact that you guys were serious makes me feel better.
Hugging thread maybe..
And Me being Christian and believing in God motivates me. (just thought i'd mention..)
Yeah i thought i'd add that one in, I was having a lame weekish when I posted this thread.

Thanks guys much love.
Quote by legionbassist
I need some motivation to keep playing guitar and living life
consider the alternative. very motivating.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well everything you guys said was pretty cool, so thanks guys. much love goes out to you guys,,

God Bless.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Originally Posted by Sol9989:
I cum blood
never gonna give you up,
all fap together
to 2 girls 1 cup?
I'm glad you posted a follow up. After two months of not posting in this thread, I had worried that the pit's help didn't help you, and you wound up hanging yourself from a ceiling on one of your bass strings.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Sweet death...

Standing on the wretched precipice
Peering into the
autumnal darkness of eternity
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
consider the alternative. very motivating.

This ^

Basicaly, you are 'alive' now, you may as well try to enjoy it while you're here, because you can't change your mind once you're dead.

If you are not getting anything from what you are doing, try doing something else.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 7, 2010,