I'm taking construction next year in high school and I'm wondering if anybody has ever Built a guitar in wood shop in their high school.

This is what I'm thinking
Acoustic Guitar
Sound Hole (one F-Hole on each side)

Do you think I will be able to at least build the body within 200 days?

Sorry if this is another newby question

Thanks for taking the time to answer this question
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Well, my friend took an actual guitar building class and it was a semester, so if you can do it correctly, 200 days shouldn't be a problem
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Never built a guitar there, but I did build a big guitar cabinet. I thought about makeing a guitar, but it was much more convienent to make the cabinet.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I've built an acoustic and an electric.

Definitely go with building an electric. You have a lot more room for using your imagination and 'getting' a good sound. You can use a neck from a $25 dollar tossed out Strat copy or whatever (bolt on neck!). you can buy all the hardware and electronics but also take them off a 'wreck'.

Put a local ad in your Craigs List or whatever you have in your area. Mention you are a student and need a crap-electric guitar for your project...(I'd give you one if i saw that ad).

If you go acoustic....much harder and definitely less likely to get good results. not much room for error if it sounds crappy. You should have someone helping you who has actually built an acoustic guitar....whereas an electric you can manage on your own and modify along the way if necessary.
I agree with doing an electric rather than an acoustic. I will disagree with Raptorfingers though about scrapping an old guitar. If you're doing this for marks, like I am, then you're going to get graded much higher if you make the neck as well, as opposed to just the body.
Either way talk to your teacher about it and see what they say
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar