Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
6505+ 112: Good for high gain, not so good for much else.

MG: Bad, a gimmick

JCA20: No experience.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well out of those only the Peavey and the Jet City are worth looking at, but I can't tell you which is better than the other it depends on what kind of tones you're after.
well i currently have a peavey bandit 112. i'm looking for hard/ classic rock tones.
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
I know the Peavy heads are good, but I haven't messed with the combos. The marshall Is a toy, and the jet city I've never messed with
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by thundermonty
well i currently have a peavey bandit 112. i'm looking for hard/ classic rock tones.

Then from what I've heard, you'd want the JCA20.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Are you looking for nice cleans as well? The JCA is probably going to be better for hard rock/classic rock tones, and cleans up great if you roll back on your guitar volume
I will say the Peavey 6505 has a classic high gain tone. A lot of other amps base at least one of their setting option off of 6505s. I'd go with that, just cuz it has such a good high gain tone, personally; I'm a sucker for a good tube amp.
hard/classic rock go with the JCA from what you are looking at. The MG should be immediately disregarded and the 6505 is really a metal amp, it does sound good at lower gains but thats not really what its intended for.
Guitars
Amps
well my main pedal is a hardwire metal distortion so which amp is best for that type of distortion?

Two Notes Torpedo Live

yeah lol, i live on an island. the internet is my only way....

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Tempted to be Jet City fanboy.....................

ARRRRRRRHHHHH Hulk smash your ass if you no buy Jet City.

Srsly though, Metal: 6505. Anything Else: Jet City.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Definitely the Jet City. The 6505 won't be able to do classic rock as well as the JCA. Both can do hard rock very well though.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The JCA will be the best, more versatile and much better suited for classic rock. And if you need it to get brootal it's definitely possible.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I've played the peavey combo and it is god awful. Shallow top end with flabby bass. I wouldn't even bother with the marshall. I've heard great things about the jet city.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Quote by AlaskanYeti
I've played the peavey combo and it is god awful. Shallow top end with flabby bass. I wouldn't even bother with the marshall. I've heard great things about the jet city.

I liked the 112. It just sounded better than my current amp (a Vypyr 75, which while decent sounding is also a PITA).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
for under 600$ what is the best?

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Quote by AlaskanYeti

I disagree. I really liked the 112 combo. I didn't find a shallow top end or flabby bass whatsoever. Did you play it with your guitar? I also think the DSL IS worth a look and I'm not really fan of the DSLs otherwise.

under $600 new?
Jet City
6505+ 112
Vypyr 60
Tweaker?
jca i have one its great go for it
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.