For the past year i had been in a band with three others, but 2 weeks ago our lead guitarist and singer moved to Egypt i talked with the rhythm guitarist multiple times about our future but he is moving in a more hardcore direction and the drummer is kissing his ass and following. So i either stay with the band and play a genre of music i dont care for or just play alone, being my school has almost no musical people.
Help?
Who moves to Egypt?
Quote by its_alive
It's just like breaking up with a girl.
Explain that you'd really love to help take care of the baby, but you have to move to South Africa.
Not the first time that has been asked, his dad works with tanks in the army and it had a job offering for triple the salary.
Well you could give it a try with them. If you don't find yourself enjoying it, then stop. Or you could talk to them about your future musical direction. Also, if your singer and lead guitarist left, that band is kind of... over. Which is sad, but presents a new oppourtunity to experiment with different things. In the end it's your choice, give it a try, if you don't like it, then go solo :P Best of luck
lead guitar,rythm guitar,drummer,singer,you
thats five people
you +3 is 4
sorry that got me confused but try to get the band to do some not hardcore things along with the hardcore or just quit if your not happy with what your playing
Quote by Mullen2105
I think he plays bass and the singer is the lead guitarist

You win.
Quote by Mullen2105
I think he plays bass and the singer is the lead guitarist

oh makes sense now
I would quit. Now's a good time to write songs and learn a lot about playing. I was in a death metal band and quit. It helped me learn a lot about music and my own playing. I then started a Tech/Prog/Fusion/Metal band. This made me realize what I really liked in music. It's refreshing to get into a new band or just take a break.
AND YOUVE BEEN HIT, BY THE CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS!!!!!

But(secks) seriously, yeah, get a new band. Are they close friends, o are they just dudes you picked up from the street? If #1, leave. If #2, Craigslist!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
You'll find that you'll play through many, many different bands, with many different people if you keep active as a musician. It's no biggy. Just get new people from craiglist/school/concerts/ads in music shops etc and keep on going.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by NosralTserrof
AND YOUVE BEEN HIT, BY THE CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS!!!!!

But(secks) seriously, yeah, get a new band. Are they close friends, o are they just dudes you picked up from the street? If #1, leave. If #2, Craigslist!

Honestly, i couldnt give a flying **** for either of them. The guitarist follows me in school because he's anti-social. so Craigslist it is!
Quote by Legend Jedicsc
Who moves to Egypt?

Yeah, someone keep any eye on those two

'Merican, give it a shot. At least try to learn something from this diff style. If you hate it, leave, if you like it (you likely won't) stick around for a bit. Either way, take something from it and kill some time.

At home, work on what you like and eventually, when you branch out from the area of just your school, you'll find other people to play with.