I have been trying to write songs for about 6 months now, and I can always think up some really good riffs, melodys, and chord progressions. I always start off really well, thinking the song is gonna be great, but I can never finnish it.

I always end up either playing it over and over again, until it gets boring and starts sounding bad, or I simply loose interest in the song I'm writing.

So my question is, how do you stay inspired through the whole songwriting process, and still think your song is "interesting" after playing it over and over again, making sure everything is right.
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

^no, what is that?
~ The Mad Hatter

I got the same problem. Make sure you record everything though. If/when you come back to it that inspiration and excitement may come again. If so, its probably worth keeping
I usually Norwegian the hell out of songs when I et stuck, so whatever happens happens, you know?
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by Kortez3000
What does Swedishing and Norwegian the songs even mean?

Well if you cant Finnish them.. those would be your best options!
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
Well if you cant Finnish them.. those would be your best options!

oh, hahaha, I get it
~ The Mad Hatter

I have the same problem! Sad thing is, whatever I do write tends to be catchy and (I'm told) possibly radio-worthy.. but either I'm too lazy, or I'm afraid of the hard work because I just can't finish a song I've begun to write. I don't have a single finished song. Not a single one. But countless unfinished tracks lol
Wow, not really a lot of help in this thread.

I'll tell you what I do, but if you find a better way, go with that, because I don't really like this way, it just kind of works.

I usually get extreemly bored writting my songs, but I don't quit no matter how bored I get. When it's finally finnished and I end up completely hating my song, I put it away somewhere for about a month, never listen to it, play it or think about it, and usually when I come back to it, it won't be so boring anymore. Then I can clean it up and finnish the final draft when I'm not so bored of it anymore.

This way has a ton of problems, but it works for me...
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"
This happened to me with the first song I wrote. It was when I was a freshman in high school and I wrote a song about a girl that I liked (what else would I write about XD). I wrote the first half and then I lost interest in it and never got down to finishing it. I write the songs in guitar pro 5, so one day I was going through my files and I came across this half finished song and I decided to just write the second half. It had been a long time since I liked that girl so I wrote the second half in the perspective of my older self. Basically the first half was me saying how this girl was so pretty and I wished she was mine and the second half was me saying how I had gotten older and I realized that I worried too much about getting a girlfriend. It was a good first song and I am proud of it.
I have the same problem I always come up with a part of the song and I never know how to go from there.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
okay, here's the trick for all u noobs. if ur sober, get high. if ur high, get sober. also try a thesaurus or something that makes ur brain spark. u wanna open up ur creativity and feel fresh before u come back to a project u've abandoned. when u catch urself having a good day and feeling especially alive, make time for writing. then come back and finnish.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Have you tried Swedishing them?

Quote by nbur4556
^no, what is that?

on topic: let the song sink for some time, and come back to it later on. Your head is then fresh, and ready for a whole new approach
Quote by avafreak252
This happened to me with the first song I wrote. It was when I was a freshman in high school and I wrote a song about a girl that I liked (what else would I write about XD). I wrote the first half and then I lost interest in it and never got down to finishing it. I write the songs in guitar pro 5, so one day I was going through my files and I came across this half finished song and I decided to just write the second half. It had been a long time since I liked that girl so I wrote the second half in the perspective of my older self. Basically the first half was me saying how this girl was so pretty and I wished she was mine and the second half was me saying how I had gotten older and I realized that I worried too much about getting a girlfriend. It was a good first song and I am proud of it.

That's pretty awesome and inspirational, thanks.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........