I always had good english and science scores in high school. Right now my classes are geared towards a degree in journalism. I find writing easy and I like to do it. That being said I also have a love for chemistry. I didn't do well in it in high school (mainly just because I didn't turn the work in) but I always got extremely high scores on the tests (96-100%) and I grasped it quickly and easily. I know chemists get paid a significant amount more than a journalist so that's a perk.

I've heard the whole "Quit thinking about money and do what makes you happy" argument. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy doing either profession. Being either of them takes a lot of effort and skill. The job market is not very prospective for journalists because of the internet but chemistry is a high demand job.

I should also note that I pretty much suck in math except for Algebra. I've never done calculus either but it doesn't seem like i'd be bothered much by it. If I could major in both that would be great, but it's way too much school and I don't have the determination or the money to go for two completely different majors.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Law?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Start up a business that installs, cleans, and maintains septic tanks. It's a shitty job, but someone has to do it.

If you wanna make money, something like this. I also read that the people who clean up houses after suicides make a lot of money too.
what are you intersted in?
/thread
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Highway60Bob
what are you intersted in?
/thread

Either or. I like both fields.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
Major in English. That way you can do all kinds of writing, not just journalism specifically.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I would suggest chemistry, but you if "suck in math" then, unfortunately, the sciences are not for you. After you mentioning that, I picture you having a difficult time with multivariable calculus, differential equations, and physical chemistry.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by bradulator
Major in English. That way you can do all kinds of writing, not just journalism specifically.

Useless major is useless. You have to think about the current job market, which is only friendly to scientists, engineers, computer nerds, and everything in between. Going the route of science is a safe thing to do, and if you like it, that makes it even better.
Quote by metalmouth22
Im not epileptic you ****.
Quote by Got Guitar?
I would suggest chemistry, but you if "suck in math" then, unfortunately, the sciences are not for you. After you mentioning that, I picture you having a difficult time with multivariable calculus, differential equations, and physical chemistry.

I don't have problems with Hardcore Algebra but I don't like physical math questions like finding angles in Geometry.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
Quote by darkcheef
Propane and propane accessories

It's efficient and clean burning.
My Gear
Schecter Omen-6 (with SD Blackouts)
Fender Strat
Guild DV-4 Traditional
Yamaha FG730S
Crate BV-60

Quote by diofan88
I'd rather be alone, yet one with the world, than close to someone but miles away inside.

Annabella Carmela
Quote by Inbleach
I don't have problems with Hardcore Algebra but I don't like physical math questions like finding angles in Geometry.
You might be fine then. Although, trig is a good chunk of calculus, especially the first couple of calculus courses when you learn how to differentiate and integrate, more important in the latter, I thought. Just buckle down and learn the geometry while you're taking calculus. You'll be fine, go with chemistry.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by metalmouth3130
Useless major is useless. You have to think about the current job market, which is only friendly to scientists, engineers, computer nerds, and everything in between. Going the route of science is a safe thing to do, and if you like it, that makes it even better.

Have fun with your safe, average, normal life
Quote by tubatom868686
Have fun with your safe, average, normal life

Going for scientific studies =/= the average, normal life.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
being a chemist seems kind of cool. You will be able to synthesize almost anything you want including some drugs. And you will probably do a lot of journal article writing if you're a chemist. Journalism is cool too but its a dying market and is a bleak career unless you can get on TV.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by Inbleach

Wait, wut?

Algebra makes no sense whatsoever, but finding angles in Geometry is easier than sitting down for me.

But I suggest Chemistry, I think you'd enjoy it more judging by the OP.
Quote by Outerspacegrass
being a chemist seems kind of cool. You will be able to synthesize almost anything you want including some drugs. And you will probably do a lot of journal article writing if you're a chemist. Journalism is cool too but its a dying market and is a bleak career unless you can get on TV.
That's actually where the majority of money is for chemist. Check this out. If I was going into chemistry rather than chemE, I'd definitely be concentrating on organic chemistry.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by damian_91
Going for scientific studies =/= the average, normal life.

Not everyone that gets a degree in science is working in FERMI or on CERN

Theres chemists who are paid to mix pesticides and decide how much actual chlorine goes into a chlorine tablet without being able to kill someone. There are lots of cool science jobs, but a lot of them are pretty boring
Well TS, I made this diagram so you can see where you'd stand if you were to study Chemistry.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Last edited by damian_91 at Aug 13, 2010,
Major in partying. Minor in school. Live it up your first year in college, get your general ed requirements outta the way, then choose your major based on what classes you like.

I didn't know my major at all, but luckily at 16 I got to go to com college instead of highschool to get my gen ed's outta the way. I got to explore anthropology, philosophy, history, communications, etc. They were all fun, but then I did a really tough psych course, aced it easily, and knew by the 2nd week of that class what my major was gonna be.

People say "psych majors are a dime a dozen". Well, someone's gotta do it. If you are good, statistics are irrelevant. So do what you are good at, what you like, and the rest will fall into place.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by damian_91
Well TS, I made this diagram so you can see where you'd stand if you were to study Chemistry.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9486/comicpurity.png[/MG]
Hell yeah. I'm glad someone finally put engineers on that graph. Although, engineering isn't that pure since it consist of at minimum two of those fields.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Got Guitar?
Hell yeah. I'm glad someone finally put engineers on that graph. Although, engineering isn't that pure since it consist of at minimum two of those fields.

Edited it, now 100% more accurate!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by damian_91
Edited it, now 100% more accurate!
Yes! There we go. Well done.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by metalmouth3130

There will always be a demand for teachers. Teaching, writing for magazines, newspapers, TV shows, editing, writing speeches, being a critic, or just being an author. There's more of a market than you give it credit for. I dig writing, so i'd go with the English out of those options. Chemists get paid more, but I find it more boring.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
There will always be a demand for teachers. Teaching, writing for magazines, newspapers, TV shows, editing, writing speeches, being a critic, or just being an author. There's more of a market than you give it credit for. I dig writing, so i'd go with the English out of those options. Chemists get paid more, but I find it more boring.

I smoke way too much pot to be a teacher.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
Remember that if you want to become a chemist, you are committed to a graduate degree.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...