I know that a significant portion of the people on here (and just men in general) are super insecure types that freeze up around girls so I thought I'd toss out a book recommendation that changed and is still changing my life.

"Six Pillars of Self-Esteem" by Nathaniel Branden. Not cheezy self help, it's actually very dense (one of those books you have to re-read sentences to fully understand the meaning).

Check it out if you're one of those. I know I was.

Also, try brutal honesty for a week and see if you feel dramatically different. This isn't mentioned a whole lot in the book but that combined with the book (I'm still reading it actually, only 1/3 the way through... this "change" is happening almost overnight) for me was dynamite, almost literally.

What I mean? When you pass that person in the hallway who says "How ya doing?", you know, the typical meaningless greeting, and you feel like shit cause you're depressed and anxious alone and never had a girl say "I feel ****ing horrible". It'll trip people out and you'll get a good laugh. Girls love honesty more than anything else. It's kinda that and confidence in combination that makes you superman in "da club" or whatever. And brutal honesty + this book WILL give you confidence (through self esteem)

I swear I walked up to a cutie one night (only an 8, but it was a small bar and she was the best in there :p) after focusing really hard on all my negative emotions (discussed in the book), walked up to her, and said exactly what I was feeling "You're making me nervous". She cracked up, and instantly I went into pimp mode.

Try it. Course I'm not doing this for a week, it's for life for me now.

Brutal honesty = you become a badass. But the trick is. You have to ALWAYS do it. Don't ever censor yourself. Eventually you'll reach a level where you can have some "grace" to it and know when to not let it all out (i.e. bride in ugly dress asks you her opinion, she looks like shit, but you tell her she looks great), but at first, if you were a people pleaser like me, NO BOUNDARIES. And this won't get you fired from work. It'll probably get you promoted.

I'll probably get flamed to hell and back for posting this, but I hope it helps at least one person .
Last edited by WNxScythe at Aug 13, 2010,
this thread is absolute shit. id rather stick a rusty nail into my dick hole than read that bullshit book. after i post this message i will close my browser and mourn for the 60 seconds i wasted on this pile of feces that you call a post.

Hows that for brutal honesty?
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
I am really confused right now. not by your post. I mean, I read it, but it didn't really leave an impact on me. I'm preoccupied by something else, and having an internal debate.

my eyes also hurt.
Quote by Outerspacegrass
this thread is absolute shit. id rather stick a rusty nail into my dick hole than read that bullshit book. after i post this message i will close my browser and mourn for the 60 seconds i wasted on this pile of feces that you call a post.

Hows that for brutal honesty?

Well, the Ts joined in 2004, so it is safe to say that he is at least 6. Judging by your post I can only assume you are younger than that...
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Well, the Ts joined in 2004, so it is safe to say that he is at least 6. Judging by your post I can only assume you are younger than that...

I'm just goin' out on a limb here, but...

?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
If I'm going to take the time an effort to read an actual book, one with pages that I need to hold open with my hand and everything, I'm ****ed if it's going to be a self-help book.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
This thread is shit and that book sounds like shit.

After I make this post I'm going to continue on with my sad existence.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~