Hi, not sure what the proper term for a strat which isn't hardtail and isn't floyd rose, just the normal one which uses a whammy bar, maybe a blocked trem strat? I'm not sure.
Anyway I was wondering the difference between them in sound and who preferred which?
Cheers guys
It's called a floating bridge tremolo, and I love mine. I use it subtly all the time.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
hardtail will get your more sustain and it will stay in tune better. the others will be the opposite but you'll get to use the whammy
Quote by seemeel
It's called a floating bridge tremolo, and I love mine. I use it subtly all the time.

I thought thats what a floyd rose was, my bad
Quote by adambauman31
hardtail will get your more sustain and it will stay in tune better. the others will be the opposite but you'll get to use the whammy

Is there much sound difference? which would you recommend?
Quote by battlespectre94

Your guitar will get out of tune with a fixed bridge too anyway, so I'd get the floating bridge so you get to use the whammy Lots of fun.

And to be honest I dont know how much more sustain you will get in a fixed vs floating.. kinda the same than the glued neck vs bolt on thing.. there are more important things

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Last edited by haceteunosmates at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by battlespectre94

If you make your floating bridge rest against the body, you get more sustain AND you still get to use the trem! 2 in 1 right there.

Get a strat with a normal trem and let the trem rest against the body. Adjust action and intonation and you're set.
I have mine floating though.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO