I was going to by the latest noise gate pedal by boss (BOSS NS2 NOISE SUPPRESSOR is what my local store sells)
but saw this second hand. Its been toyed around with abit and i'm not a guru enough on pedals to know if its a good buy or not.

This is the model under the BOSS NS2 NOISE SUPPRESSOR PEDAL I think. I'm not sure. Its a thrid of the price of the Boss NS2 so i was hoping to get some feed back on what to do.

Buy this?
Get the Boss NS2?
Something completly different?
That thing looks like Dr Frankenstien's Noisegate. Not positive but pretty sure it's been photoshopped

EDIT: Definitely been photoshopped
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 13, 2010,
modded effects, which this clearly is, are usually modified to someones specific tastes and that probably isnt YOUR taste. id say get the NS2 or the iSP Decimator. if you buy that modded pedal and dont like it, you are out one altogether.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
That thing looks like Dr Frankenstien's Noisegate. Not positive but pretty sure it's been photoshopped

how can you tell?
I've gone back and looked at the page properly, it is modded but the mods were circuit mods. I don't know about the knobs, but that metal switch on top is absurb lol
Im going to say go with an ISP Decimator, I tried a Boss NS-2 and it kinda sounded like it was sucking some tone and the Decimator doesnt.
Quote by nightraven
because boss pedals use electronic switching and unless you install a bunch of extra circuitry (like the deville true bypass mod for boss pedals) it has to be done with a mechanical switch. same with the keeley TB mods to ibanez pedals. the original switch obviously doesn't work anymore and the battery compartment is gone.
ahh cool thanks for the info
Quote by AxSilentxLine

How could you tell, inspector?

EDIT: Nevermind, people have clarified this, ignore me.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Aug 13, 2010,
Yeah that's definatly not photoshopped.
People also add switches like that because they prefer the feel of them over the big annoying square boss switch.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Silver screw. That thing is old. Probably 1980-83.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION