Okay, so i have got my ibanez sas32ex in white now, and its amazing to play now i have got it set up how i want:

http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=8201&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=PriceComparison

I had 68's D'dario baritone strings on it for some serious chug and got it set up for drop B, had the bridge blocked and the action set nicely. The problem i have now is how boomy the pickups sound, the guitar itself packs tonnes of ressonance throughout the body and it makes it even more muddy when amped up.

My jackson DKMGT has a set of EMG 81/85 in it and it is the PERFECT tone through my Bugera, it makes me shudder everytime - Killswitch Engage? Deftones? YES.

Im thinking the same pickup combination in the Ibanez? but im not sure weather the tone will be the same, i know the pickups are active and push the gain out which is exactly what i want, but apparently different pickups have pro's and con's against certain woods, designs etc?

What were your thoughts before i spend £150 on an 81 and 85? also, how hard is it to wire the actives? are they pre built in the box and when you install them you just thread everything through to the cavity and pop a battery in?

Thanks in advance.
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Bugera 6260/ Crate GT1200H
Crate GT1200h Cab
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Bugera 6260/ Crate GT1200H
Crate GT1200h Cab
I'd go with some high output passives. If you need the active sound, you could go for Dimarzio D Activators. They're passives designed to give that heavy metal core type sound. They've got pretty good reviews and you can get them for like $70 US. I haven't personally used them though.