Page 1 of 2
for those of you who know..yeah man, for those of you who don't know: that's right, a film based on the PS game is coming out.

i can't wait to watch it, i love it when they make a film based on a PS game i used to play..especially this.
me and my friend would play it for hours, and sometimes we'd start contemplating on how cool a film would be, and the actors ecc.

who else used to play the game, and who else can't wait to watch the film??
favourite characters ecc.??
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Gaming thread?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Gaming thread?

No.

Film about a Game =/= Game.

On topic: Awesome!
RIP Tom Searle.
Have you seen the trailer? It looks like a smelly pile of poo
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The movie is almost definitely going to suck, I miss playing Tekken 3 with my friends. I reckon it'll be a repeat of the *cringe* Dragonball Movie.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by pbiggie
I used to play this game, but I expect the movie to suck.

This.

Fav characters were Jin (Lightning screw uppercut) Paul (Burning fist) or Hwoarang (because all you had to press was kick).
Quote by cho0onger
The movie is almost definitely going to suck, I miss playing Tekken 3 with my friends. I reckon it'll be a repeat of the *cringe* Dragonball Movie.

hope not!!

to those who say it will be a crap movie..it possibly could be..but it will still be awesome to go and watch it.

prince of persia was a very good film..(for those who played the game)
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
99% of the movies based on games or shows suck.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

This. They all suck
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Oh damn it's going to suck... The games are awesome but there's no way the movie is going to be good...
Quote by xaviergray
Asking the Pit to play this is kinda like asking the guy who makes suggestive gay jokes if he wants to have sex with a man.
Looks like a pile of shit, the only reason I would have seen it was for Marshall Law, and he gets his ass kicked in the goddamn trailer.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Remember the last movie based on a fighting game, yeah, D.O.A. I imagine this will be of the same standard.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
This. They all suck

nah man, resident evil's came out awesome IMO.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
nah man, resident evil's came out awesome IMO.

99% Of them suck, Its safe to say Tekkan isnt gonna be a masterpiece.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
it's probably going to be horrible like the Dead or Alive movie (facepalm)

Anyways, Yoshimitsu was always the man, obviously.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by cho0onger

Even worst the Street Fighter movie.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Krieger91
prince of persia was a very good film..(for those who played the game)

I lol'd

Anyway, the film will suck ass. But King and Yoshimitsu have always been my favorites.
The trailer makes it look dreadful

Although I saw that trailer ages ago and I may be getting it mixed up with a completely different film

It's going to be terrible.

There's absolutely no substance in the game to even a consider an enjoyable film. That's why most game movies fail, because the plot isn't intricate enough to be appreciated as much as the game. A games plot doesn't need to be so complex because it focus's on having good gameplay.
isnt it already out...

Its set between 4 and 5 i think

King isn't in it

Law is in it for about 10 mins till Jin owns him

Yoshimitsu is in it for about the same amount of time before Jin kills him

Nina and Anna try to assassinate Jin, he gets saved by Christie

Eddie Gordo gets pwnd

The last fight is Jin vs Kazuya... Jin takes great pride in doing the usual.. gets battered then follows with a ritual raping of his opponent (this case his dad)

if its a new one i'm sorry. but i've already seen a Tekken film

SparxEdit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/ this one... its out on DVD in 2 weeks :/
i'm Ginger its fun
Last edited by Sparky-MMA at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by Sparky-MMA
isnt it already out...

Its set between 4 and 5 i think

King isn't in it

Law is in it for about 10 mins till Jin owns him

Yoshimitsu is in it for about the same amount of time before Jin kills him

Nina and Anna try to assassinate Jin, he gets saved by Christie

Eddie Gordo gets pwnd

The last fight is Jin vs Kazuya... Jin takes great pride in doing the usual.. gets battered then follows with a ritual raping of his opponent (this case his dad)

if its a new one i'm sorry. but i've already seen a Tekken film

SparxEdit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/ this one... its out on DVD in 2 weeks :/

wtf spoiler alert
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I'm pretty sure it sucked/going to suck big time. The only fighting game to movie that actually looks pretty good is that mortal kombat trailer that came out a few months ago I don't remember what it's called though but it looked pretty good.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

It's probably going to blow

sorry to tell you
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Even worst the Street Fighter movie.

I don't know how bad the Street Fighter movie was, but Dragonball movie far better than the Mortal Kombat movie released in 1995. My flatmate forced us all to watch it.

Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

This. They all suck

You can't agree with 99% sucking, then say they all suck. Serenity did not suck.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Was Resident Evil based on a game?

I won't be watching this film
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by OddOneOut
I don't know how bad the Street Fighter movie was, but Dragonball movie far better than the Mortal Kombat movie released in 1995. My flatmate forced us all to watch it.

You can't agree with 99% sucking, then say they all suck. Serenity did not suck.

Serenity was based on a TV show, not a game.
Quote by larrytheguitar
wtf spoiler alert

It's gonna be crap anyway, don't get your knickers in a twist.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
It's going to be terrible.

There's absolutely no substance in the game to even a consider an enjoyable film. That's why most game movies fail, because the plot isn't intricate enough to be appreciated as much as the game. A games plot doesn't need to be so complex because it focus's on having good gameplay.

You'd be surprised just how much story is there if you look for it.
The little scenes that play after each character wins the arcade isn't just for laughs.
All the characters are interlinked in more ways than just entering the iron fist tournaments.
I loved those games

Yoshimitsu was the shit

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

It could be halfway acceptable like the first Resident Evil movie, or an abomination like DOA or the third Resident Evil movie.
Either way, I know a gal who'll buy it on DVD, so I'll end up watching it and throwing chips at the tv.
Page 1 of 2