Page 1 of 2
It's note-perfect. Very very good.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Kickass dude, seriously. spot on with the tone, downpicking, solos, everything was perfect. you kept rhythm really well too, and i know how hard it can be with constant downpicking. brilliant work dude.

crit mine? nowhere near as good as your playing, but still.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350114
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Wait, so are you saying that you recorded the audio, and then you air-guitared the video?

Anyway, no mistakes that I could see, very good.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by seemeel
It's note-perfect. Very very good.

Thanks.

Quote by tx4venom
Kickass dude, seriously. spot on with the tone, downpicking, solos, everything was perfect. you kept rhythm really well too, and i know how hard it can be with constant downpicking. brilliant work dude.

crit mine? nowhere near as good as your playing, but still.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350114

Thanks a lot for the comments. I'll check yours out, I'm not really good at giving constructive criticism though.

Quote by GoIrish668
Wait, so are you saying that you recorded the audio, and then you air-guitared the video?

Anyway, no mistakes that I could see, very good.

Pretty much. I actually was playing the song in the video, just used the cover I had already recorded for the audio.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is YouTube making my video lag when played in HD?
Last edited by Tharantyr at Aug 14, 2010,
Sick! It sounds really good, and your playing is very sophisticated.

How does one go about making these? Did you find the track with just the guitars removed? Or do you just play on top of the original song?

ED-REPLY: Nope, no lag. Perhaps it's the playback taking a toll on your hardware?
Ibanez RGA32
Quote by livatlantis
Sick! It sounds really good, and your playing is very sophisticated.

How does one go about making these? Did you find the track with just the guitars removed? Or do you just play on top of the original song?

ED-REPLY: Nope, no lag. Perhaps it's the playback taking a toll on your hardware?

Thanks! Yeah, I just play over the original song. I probably should have used a backing track, but you don't hear the original guitar anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Glad to know you're not experiencing lag, it must be my PC then. Though it's weird, 'cause I have a pretty good PC, lol.

Quote by avafreak252
I couldn't really hear your guitar over the original track either you are a really good at keeping rhythm and have an identical tone or you need to turn the backing track down.

The tone is very similar to the original yes, but the tone you're hearing is mine. Thanks though.
Last edited by Tharantyr at Aug 14, 2010,
The only thing I would change is make the original song quiter so we can hear you more
or chnge it to a backing track rather than the actual song
i thought everything was spot on
tone was perfect as well
Dude, awesome job. Superb playing, and I absolutely love your tone. Only thing I really noticed was that during the harmonized part at least one of the parts seemed a bit out of tune. Kickass job though.

I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on my cover too
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351698
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The only thing I would change is make the original song quiter so we can hear you more
or chnge it to a backing track rather than the actual song
i thought everything was spot on
tone was perfect as well

Thanks. Yeah, I thought about a backing track too, but the thought only occurred to me when I had already recorded the entire song over the original, lol. Didn't feel like rerecording everything again.

Quote by Napalm Guzzler
Great cover man!

Thanks a lot, dude!

Quote by The Kush
Dude, awesome job. Superb playing, and I absolutely love your tone. Only thing I really noticed was that during the harmonized part at least one of the parts seemed a bit out of tune. Kickass job though.

I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on my cover too
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351698

Thanks for the reply.
Out of tune? Really? I thought I had the all of the guitars tuned perfectly.
I'll check your cover out.

Anyone else notice one of the harmonized parts during the interlude was out of tune?
Thanks people. Though I'm still curious, does anyone else notice one of the harmonized parts sounding out of tune during the interlude?
I didn't want to post this on the youtube page, but is it me but something really seems fishy here????????? I've watched this at least 12 times and something isn't adding up...
Last edited by MrBIOSkunk at Aug 19, 2010,
Quote by MrBIOSkunk
I didn't want to post this on the youtube page, but is it me but something really seems fishy here????????? I've watched this at least 12 times and something isn't adding up...

Maybe you should explain what's so "fishy" instead of just saying it without elaborating.

Quote by Yuvallica
good cover ! (:
how long time u play?

MetallicA Roles

Thanks. I've been playing the electric guitar for little more than 2 years now.
In the intro after the hektik downpicking, doesnt it go 3-2, 3-2, 3-2.... not 2-3, 2-3, 2-3.

0:28 roughly
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by SMterminator
In the intro after the hektik downpicking, doesnt it go 3-2, 3-2, 3-2.... not 2-3, 2-3, 2-3.

I'm not sure where you're hearing the second and third frets, maybe you mean this:

D -----------------------------------------------------
A -------2---------3---------4--------3---------2--2
E 0--1-----0--1-----0--1-----0--1-----0--1-------

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be played that way.
Quote by SMterminator

That's what he plays (the bit SMtermintor is referring to is the slide after the tab you posted from 3-2 on the low E string and 5-4 on the A string) - It might look the opposite from the angle of the camera or something, but he definately plays 3 to 2 and not 2 to 3.
Damn dude, not much to say after all these comments except awesome job! Tone is definitely spot on, I almost couldn't tell the difference between this and the original. It would've been better if you used a backing track though. I think the harmonized part would've sounded better if you panned the guitars out a little more though. Other than that awesome job!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Great cover man, I suggest you get out of your comfort zone and start standing up moving around because you just might be on the big stage someday if you pursue it.
Helluva job man!
Tools Of The Trade:

2006 Jackson DXMG Dinky
Alesis Q49 USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller
Line 6 Guitarport Interface
Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4
Cakewalk SONAR 8 Producer Edition
Just complimenting your playing doesn't seem like enough. Dude, if you aren't already in a band you need to be, your playing is phenomenal.

Out of curiosity, how much practice did it take until you could play like that?

And any tips for that down-picking?
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by hahaokayman
Great cover man, I suggest you get out of your comfort zone and start standing up moving around because you just might be on the big stage someday if you pursue it.

Haha, thanks. I've been trying to play guitar standing up a couple of times, but it's really hard. I'll just have to practice more.

Quote by pcline25
Helluva job man!

Thanks, man.

Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Just complimenting your playing doesn't seem like enough. Dude, if you aren't already in a band you need to be, your playing is phenomenal.

Out of curiosity, how much practice did it take until you could play like that?

And any tips for that down-picking?

Thanks a lot, dude. Well, I'm not a very consistent guitar player. Lately, I've been trying to practice at least an hour every day, but I didn't use to. I actually really started practicing this song when I got my own guitar, back in December. But I wouldn't practice it that long, probably for about 1-2 hours, 2 or 3 times every week.
I would get annoyed because I didn't see any progress, then I'd stop practicing the song for a while and focus on different songs, and when I would try playing the song again, I'd have gotten better, lol.
I think it took me until about June before I could downpick the song at full speed.

Still, my ability to play the song is pretty inconsistent, sometimes I have a hard time pulling it off, and other times it's not a problem. Pretty weird, but I think it has to do with how long I've been practicing guitar that day.

So, yeah, the best tip I could give is to just practice. Maybe try downpicking slower songs over time, like Hourglass by Lamb of God, and then go back to practicing Master of Puppets.
Also, what I did was slow the song down in Audacity to about 85% I think, and start practicing it at that speed. Then after a while, set the speed to 90%, 95% and finally 100%.
Last edited by Tharantyr at Sep 7, 2010,
Great job man. Only criticisms, the intro riff, it should end E|-5-0-4-0-3-0-2-1. Other criticism, some of the guitar parts could be turned up more in the mix. Like the harmonized interlude bit and the distorted bit just after.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by thenextkirk92
Great job man. Only criticisms, the intro riff, it should end E|-5-0-4-0-3-0-2-1.

I know, I just like playing it the way I do. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks, I'm glad the harmonized part isn't out of tune.

I dropped a comment on your topic.
Just made me try finish learning it, any tips on learning this? I can play up to 2mins or so pretty much intime and near perfect but after that my arm gets tired I lose timing and it all goes to shit
Quote by BoL7z
Just made me try finish learning it, any tips on learning this? I can play up to 2mins or so pretty much intime and near perfect but after that my arm gets tired I lose timing and it all goes to shit

Quote by Tharantyr
the best tip I could give is to just practice. Maybe try downpicking slower songs over time, like Hourglass by Lamb of God, and then go back to practicing Master of Puppets.
Also, what I did was slow the song down in Audacity to about 85% I think, and start practicing it at that speed. Then after a while, set the speed to 90%, 95% and finally 100%.

Take it as a compliment that, as I didn't read the description, I assumed you were playing in a poorly mixed layer over the original track. Then I read the description and realised that most of that tone and playing was in fact yours, well done.
Page 1 of 2