I usually post exclusively in the DT for this sort of thing but no one is on right now. I have been having EXTREME insomnia for the past month now. It started off innocently enough, I could stay up later than usual due to it being summer. I'd usually check in for the night between 1-2 am and wake up around 11-12 the next morning. I went off of my bipolar medication (risperdal and lamictal) back in June and I have always had problems sleeping but that just made it worse. When I wake up I spend the entire time the sun is up feeling groggy and lethargic. As soon as the sun sets I am just suddenly filled with a huge burst of energy and can not sleep no matter what. I have tried just about everything so far to get to sleep. Teas, warm milk, valerian, melatonin, rose hips, Diphenhydramine (which i'm very cautious about now, but that's another story), binaural beats, meditation, relaxation techniques, smoking copious amounts of pot. Nothing is working for me anymore. I didn't end up falling asleep until 10 am YESTERDAY morning and woke up at 2 pm. Last night I didn't sleep at all and i'm still bursting with energy (although I do feel like complete shit and very lethargic.).

I'm considering asking my doctor to put me on ambien. I really hate to do that because the entire reason I stopped taking my pills in the first place was because I hated feeling like a zombie and being a puppet to a pharmaceutical drug. I could probably sleep now but I want to see if I can stay up until later on tonight and fall asleep naturally. I'm going to go acquire some sleep-promoting goods today in case that plan backfires. I really just can not live like this anymore. I'd do just about anything to fall asleep at 10 pm and be up at 6 am the next morning. On top of all of this college starts in 6 days so I'm hoping i'm not still suffering at this point.

Does anyone know some sort of secret to put me to sleep at night? At this point I just don't want to start having psychosis from lack of sleep because it's just about getting to that point.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
I think your biological clock is just messed up

Try not sleeping for one day (at all)
then the next day go to sleep at a normal hour (I'm sure you'll be sleepy as hell) and wake up early
That doesn't sound like insomnia. Insomnia is where you can't sleep, yet you have a normal rouine. I.e. I fall asleep (rather force myself) about 4am - 5am and wake up at 10am. My usual was 12 - 1am then wake up at 10am. So I'm losing about 4 more hours sleep. I do constantly feel groggy and lethargic, but it just sounds like you're over stimulated at night and less stimulated in the morning.
i havent been to sleep yet... i woke up at 8:30 pm.

just dont sleep at all for a full day if possible until 10 pm and then pass out

and set an alarm for 8-10 hours later so you dont oversleep and mess up your internal clock again
Quote by ComradSputnik
I think your biological clock is just messed up

Try not sleeping for one day (at all)
then the next day go to sleep at a normal hour (I'm sure you'll be sleepy as hell) and wake up early

+1
Quote by boreamor
That doesn't sound like insomnia. Insomnia is where you can't sleep, yet you have a normal rouine. I.e. I fall asleep (rather force myself) about 4am - 5am and wake up at 10am. My usual was 12 - 1am then wake up at 10am. So I'm losing about 4 more hours sleep. I do constantly feel groggy and lethargic, but it just sounds like you're over stimulated at night and less stimulated in the morning.

Well if I do end up sleeping it's either a ridiculous amount of time 12-14+ hours or hardly any 1-2 hours.

It's just really taking a toll on me because I am physically and mentally unable to fall asleep at night. If I do fall asleep it's from sheer exhaustion.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
"relaxation techniques" = fap?
Originally Posted by Landman
Traded a 1990 Calloway Driver for a 2001 Fender Bass

Quote by dubes216
WIN!!!!

Quote by FRr3AkOnALEaSh
You must of jizzed yourself knowing you made a deal like that ^.^
Visit a person of medical profession. They may be able to help or will direct you to someone who can.