Hi, im looking for a good Combo-amp for Hi-gain use. I play metal in the style of Trivium, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, As i Lay dying, Gojira, Machine Head, Pantera, Metallica and so on. At home i have a 6505 Head so i don't want to spend alot of cash on this combo, which im goin to use at a practice room my band has. I've been looking at some Bugera's(the 6260 and 333XL), and they seem alright, but i just want to see if anyone has any other good recomendations. Maybe from some of the more hi end manufacturers.
um.......6505 combo? you know its a good amp, and they aren't that expensive.
You could try picking up a used Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45 combo or an F100. Those amps would probably sound good with your 6505 if you ever in the studio recording.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Of course i thought of the 6505+ Combo, but i would like to see what other options i have, iv'e rather have a 6505 head and another awesome combo than both the 6505 head AND the 6505+ Combo :P
Try out the 333XL. It isn't as sore on your wallet and will give better cleans and more versatility compared to the peavey.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
You might as well try to find a used Triple XXX if you get a 333XL. The Triple XXX combos up here go dirt cheap used.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
333XL combo is decent. I'm not experienced with high gain combos though...
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I liked the 6262 212 combo when I tried it but when I turned it off it made this horrible popping noise. Basically made me say "sounds good, but I don't want to deal with this huge headache.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, i'll probably try out the 333XL
Anyone tried the ENGL Screamer combo?
Blackstar? I mean it's not the best for that kinda stuff, you'd be better off with the 6505, 333xl, etc, etc, but I don't see the need for this thread. You have a high gain amp already.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
333 bugera is pretty good for the price, personally I'd look into finding a used Mesa combo. Either a Nomad or Rectoverb, maybe a Mark 4 if your budget is high enough
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
whats the closest major city to you? buying used will open up a lot more options.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I am planing to buy used, but i live in Norway so putting up a budget would be kind of pointless, put its going to be my secondary amp so preferably not to expensive. About 800 USD used i guess, but that estimate is probably way off considering amps go for different prices in the US and Norway :P
Why not get another speaker cabinet and just leave it at your band's practice space? That way you can just take your head back and forth.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by linkage25
I am planing to buy used, but i live in Norway so putting up a budget would be kind of pointless, put its going to be my secondary amp so preferably not to expensive. About 800 USD used i guess, but that estimate is probably way off considering amps go for different prices in the US and Norway :P

I live in Sweden so prices can't be TOO different. Besides, there's always Thomann.

Okay so, $800 bucks. And you're planning on getting used. Here's my opinion: What the **** are you doing with a 120W tube amp at home? You want to keep that beast in your room but you want to buy a secondary, smaller amp for band practice? Assuming your band also plays the heavy/thrash/metalcore stuff you listed above, that just seems backwards. Get a nice amp you can keep at home, and move the Peavey to the rehearsal room.
Last edited by Metallon at Aug 17, 2010,
Yeah i would if our rehearsal room were just ours and/or if it had a speaker cabinet, but it doesn't :S And we might switch between two rehearsal spaces so its easier to move a 1*12 or 2*12 Combo. But of course i can switch later on when we get our own space, when/if we do then i'll probally use the 6505 with a cab there and a smaller amp at home
Then having a second cab and just moving the head would be much easier than moving a large combo. In my opinion, at least.
Quote by linkage25
Yeah i would if our rehearsal room were just ours and/or if it had a speaker cabinet, but it doesn't :S And we might switch between two rehearsal spaces so its easier to move a 1*12 or 2*12 Combo. But of course i can switch later on when we get our own space, when/if we do then i'll probally use the 6505 with a cab there and a smaller amp at home

You could always just get a 112 cab and tote that and your amp head back and forth. It'll be easier to manage than 212 combo any day and even some 112 combos *cough*6505+112*cough*.
Yeah theoretically, but i don't have a car and its quite far from my house to the rehearsal space, so i won't be able to move mye head back and forth. Thats why it will be easier to have an amp that i can just keep in the rehearsal room.