im new so dont post to many negative comments if i posted this on the wrong thread im sorry if i did.
however, i was wondering how to get the effects for sweet child o mine. ive been close but i cant seem to get them perfect.

my set up is:
epiphone firebird
fender deluxe 900 amp
and a BOSS ME-70 foot pedal.

Thanks
light distortion, little bit of delay, roll back the tone knob on the neck pickup and use a wah on the outro solo
Quote by ibanezgod1973
light distortion, little bit of delay, roll back the tone knob on the neck pickup and use a wah on the outro solo

+1 But it's more of a heavy overdrive than a light distortion. Also, don't forget to dial in a lot of mids.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Just keep in mind that Slash is playing with thousand of dollars worth of equipment. Considering you are a beginner you probably don't have that. Now the tone he has on that song is not that hard to accomplish, but replicating it is probably out of the question. When i first started playing i had a Fender G-dec and i loaded it up with distortion and chorus, and got something that was passable for that song. Sometimes you just have to screw around with cheap gear and do things that the artists don't to get a similar sound though.
Quote by Slashestranged
Reverb not delay, right?

no it`s definately a delay (it even says so in the official appetite transcriptions

you can make a delay sound like a reverb, and this in generally what digital reverb is as found on a many multi fx units.

when i said a light distortion i was referring to todays standards of how much distortion and OD peeps use which is at best ridiculous, i wish peeps would learn to turn down the gain, you never need as much as you think you do.
Quote by colgo889
Just keep in mind that Slash is playing with thousand of dollars worth of equipment. Considering you are a beginner you probably don't have that. Now the tone he has on that song is not that hard to accomplish, but replicating it is probably out of the question. When i first started playing i had a Fender G-dec and i loaded it up with distortion and chorus, and got something that was passable for that song. Sometimes you just have to screw around with cheap gear and do things that the artists don't to get a similar sound though.

Wow you said it!! Tone is probably simple to accomplish but it's never going to sound just like what you're hearing. I've spent a long time trying to play Boston songs and getting them to sound right. I know for sure they never will cause I don't have the super custom setup that Scholz used and even he said he wouldn't ever be able to take a guitar to a party and play anything by Boston and make it sound like the recordings. There's just far too much going on. Like you said, thousands of dollars worth of equipment and settings that are far too hard to replicate but you can get close and impress your friends! That much I have learned.

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
urgh some posts make me facepalm.

theres an ultimate settings thread dude that should help you

*reported*

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page